Social Groups (Teams)

Social Groups (Teams) [Paid] 2.9.1a

@truonglv I am sorry to bother you. I love the add-on, but I am noticing a little issue that I am wondering if it can be fixed or corrected? When a social groups (teams) group owner chooses to create a banner - the banner appears under the user banners in the actual site forums which looks odd because it has no 'banner' color.

However, I have seen what I believe to be this same add-on utilized on another site where the user banner not only allows someone to choose a banner color but it seems to appear on the group image in the group listing from Groups. It is not horrible to have it appear in the forums, also, but is there any way to make it so they can at least select a color or something so that if it appears on the forum post at least it follows the 'look and feel' of the user banners? Thank you so much and sorry if I am being a pain.

Also, I may have posted this elsewhere so I apologize if I am being redundant, but I also noticed that the site which I believe is using Nobita Social Groups also have additional sidebar information the appears on the group page, but I am not sure where or how (do not see in options) to make such appear..

Again thank you for your help! It is truly appreciated.

nobita.jpg

truonglv

Staff member
Tech Support
@truonglv I am sorry to bother you. I love the add-on, but I am noticing a little issue that I am wondering if it can be fixed or corrected? When a social groups (teams) group owner chooses to create a banner - the banner appears under the user banners in the actual site forums which looks odd because it has no 'banner' color.

However, I have seen what I believe to be this same add-on utilized on another site where the user banner not only allows someone to choose a banner color but it seems to appear on the group image in the group listing from Groups. It is not horrible to have it appear in the forums, also, but is there any way to make it so they can at least select a color or something so that if it appears on the forum post at least it follows the 'look and feel' of the user banners? Thank you so much and sorry if I am being a pain.

Also, I may have posted this elsewhere so I apologize if I am being redundant, but I also noticed that the site which I believe is using Nobita Social Groups also have additional sidebar information the appears on the group page, but I am not sure where or how (do not see in options) to make such appear..

Again thank you for your help! It is truly appreciated.

View attachment 2568
About the banner you can choose from category settings.

@truonglv I know you're probably very busy working to move your awesome add-ons to the XF2 platform.. but as I find things, I did want to bring them to your attention in case they are worthwhile, or easy enough, fixes to the functions of the add-on for the XF1 platform. As some of us, sadly, cannot upgrade to XF2 as we wait on more of our used add-ons being ported over.

Today, I found something, which I took a screen shot of for your review. I added markup to the screenshot so you can quickly see what I am referencing. Outside of that, I am curious if there is a way - as in the previous screenshot in the post above - to create a sidebar which recognizes groups with the most members or most postings, etc?

But in the picture below you will see two concerns that may be easy fixes? One is about redundancy and the other is what appears to be an incorrect count for managed groups.

As always thank you for your concern and interest in assisting with these challenges. Everything you do is appreciated!

Nobita06232018.png

truonglv

Staff member
Tech Support
@truonglv I know you're probably very busy working to move your awesome add-ons to the XF2 platform.. but as I find things, I did want to bring them to your attention in case they are worthwhile, or easy enough, fixes to the functions of the add-on for the XF1 platform. As some of us, sadly, cannot upgrade to XF2 as we wait on more of our used add-ons being ported over.

Today, I found something, which I took a screen shot of for your review. I added markup to the screenshot so you can quickly see what I am referencing. Outside of that, I am curious if there is a way - as in the previous screenshot in the post above - to create a sidebar which recognizes groups with the most members or most postings, etc?

But in the picture below you will see two concerns that may be easy fixes? One is about redundancy and the other is what appears to be an incorrect count for managed groups.

As always thank you for your concern and interest in assisting with these challenges. Everything you do is appreciated!

View attachment 2584
You may rebuild groups with this option enabled: 'Rebuild user manage group count'.