Question Drop wall feature?

Remove wall feature?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
In XF2 complete does not have it. Drop wall then focus more feature to make user use group easy.

In XF2 complete does not have it. Drop wall then focus more feature to make user use group easy.
truonglvWell, I won't use the groups without wall.

I can wait until you find time to bring wall back to XF2 version. Till that time I keep using XF1 version.

(Removing wall from groups to focus on other features is just like removing wheels from car to focus on engines.)

Yeah. I'd like make wall more important in group. But seem many users does not use it event want to disable it.
(Removing wall from groups to focus on other features is just like removing wheels from car to focus on engines.)
DadparvarCurrently there are many features need improvements. Such events, members list.

Reactions: DOA
seem many users does not use it event want to disable it.
truonglvBy many users whom you mean? (I just remeber once @alfa asked it, and that can be done by an option)

You can simply add an option for him to let him disable the wall.
Adding an option is more logical than removing the whole wall. (The Wall in your addon is unique. Let me tell you: if you remove it, you will lose lots of potential customers (and a lot of renewing customers)

Currently there are many features need improvements. Such events, members list.
That's right. There are a lot of things that need improvment specially full XFMG Integration, Events, etc. But the cost shouldn't be removing the most important feature, Wall.

I would guess 95% of the groups we have use the wall feature, the group forums for in-depth content but mostly chat and random posts are posted on the wall.

Something better would be good, with the wall if you have 1500 posts who's going to load/scroll the page down so much to find it all, you'd have to be bored senseless to waste your time doing that. What about some kind of shoubox instead and below it a listing of all forums within the group. You can have less tabs now and the content/forums/chat are listed right in front of you when you click on a group link instead of multiple tabs and scroll loading tricks.

Wall Feature is a must. Users like it and it worked well in the past. Why drop something that actually works? o_O

Improve the wall with a "Search Wall" Feature and more group "status" messages. Give Moderators and Admins more control with tools like "Move Wall Post To Forum" and "Move Forum Post to Wall"... then you'll make us very happy... :)

Last edited:
Is there a way that a group leader could choose what his members see when they click on the group, whether it’s the wall, forum, or about page etc?

Is there a way that a group leader could choose what his members see when they click on the group, whether it’s the wall, forum, or about page etc?
Ranger375Right now you set in ACP options if they see the Wall or the Forums.

Back