Post Reply [Paid] 3.0.9

PayPal: $30.00
Hi,

The other admin of our XenForo forum purchased this add-on a while back. For the most part, it works well!

We have noticed one 'bug' which is worth pointing out. Doesn't occur too often on our forum, but has happened at least twice in a few months time.

When a (parent) thread comment is deleted, any (child) comment replies are automatically moved. The immediate/first (child) comment becomes the new (parent) thread comment, to which the (grandchild) comment replies are now the immediate/first (child) comments. That's how I figure you wanted it to work.

The one 'bug' with that is that non-admin/non-mod users of our forum cannot edit their own comments after they have been auto-moved in this manner. I suspect this has to do with this add-on. I have some non-admin/non-mod debugging console screenshots to go along with this, if that would be helpful.

I also have some ideas for possible 'options' or new features of this add-on. I'll bring most of these up later, though, one of them might automatically resolve the potential 'bug' described above.

Tweak idea #1 ... rather than fully (soft) delete the (parent) thread comment, replace whatever was in the comment with the word 'deleted' and remove the associated username. Thus, automoving of comments after the relevant parent comments are deleted would not occur, which should iron out that bug automatically. The one piece of this I haven't quite figured out is what the screen would look like for the mods/admins of the forum, when there is a deleted comment. Presumably, we would want the mods/admins to still have access to see the (soft) deleted content.

For a visualization of what that tweak idea could roughly look like (for a non-admin/non-mod user), from a different forum software, see below:

Deleted parent comment.png

Last edited:
Hi,

The other admin of our XenForo forum purchased this add-on a while back. For the most part, it works well!

We have noticed one 'bug' which is worth pointing out. Doesn't occur too often on our forum, but has happened at least twice in a few months time.

When a (parent) thread comment is deleted, any (child) comment replies are automatically moved. The immediate/first (child) comment becomes the new (parent) thread comment, to which the (grandchild) comment replies are now the immediate/first (child) comments. That's how I figure you wanted it to work.

The one 'bug' with that is that non-admin/non-mod users of our forum cannot edit their own comments after they have been auto-moved in this manner. I suspect this has to do with this add-on. I have some non-admin/non-mod debugging console screenshots to go along with this, if that would be helpful.

I also have some ideas for possible 'options' or new features of this add-on. I'll bring most of these up later, though, one of them might automatically resolve the potential 'bug' described above.

Tweak idea #1 ... rather than fully (soft) delete the (parent) thread comment, replace whatever was in the comment with the word 'deleted' and remove the associated username. Thus, automoving of comments after the relevant parent comments are deleted would not occur, which should iron out that bug automatically. The one piece of this I haven't quite figured out is what the screen would look like for the mods/admins of the forum, when there is a deleted comment. Presumably, we would want the mods/admins to still have access to see the (soft) deleted content.

For a visualization of what that tweak idea could roughly look like (for a non-admin/non-mod user), from a different forum software, see below:

View attachment 4760
TradCanIt fixed now.

Dear Truonglv

thank you very much for the high level of support and attention. With its latest edit in the plugin, everything looks good as it should be right now.

If there is a situation that catches my attention, I will let you know about it.

Truonglv
Some suggestions, based on the old Theme House add-on:

- Create another button for the post reply, since everybody got used to use the reply button to "quote" the message in the normal way.

- You can call something like "Comment" post or something like that.

- Add option to limit how deep the replies go;

- Admin setting to limit how many comments are showing, and after X comments, a button should appear: "Show the rest of this discussion" or something.

Hi Truonglv ! I love the add-on, but it works intermittently. When I first installed it, the mod worked. But then suddenly it didn't. I get no server error and I don't think any other add-ons are breaking it as I removed the ones installed AFTER Post Reply and it worked for a minute, the stopped again. I've re-installed it several times and rebuilt the thread tree. The threads where it DID work are still threaded, but I can't get new replies to work. Very strange. I did add some stuff to the extra.less template (just some CSS to style the "reply" and "quote" buttons).

Can you please help? I'd really like it to work! Thanks!

Hi Truonglv ! I love the add-on, but it works intermittently. When I first installed it, the mod worked. But then suddenly it didn't. I get no server error and I don't think any other add-ons are breaking it as I removed the ones installed AFTER Post Reply and it worked for a minute, the stopped again. I've re-installed it several times and rebuilt the thread tree. The threads where it DID work are still threaded, but I can't get new replies to work. Very strange. I did add some stuff to the extra.less template (just some CSS to style the "reply" and "quote" buttons).

Can you please help? I'd really like it to work! Thanks!
zoldosdid you see any errors on browser console?

Back