Post Reply [Paid] 1.0.7

No permission to buy ($30.00)

Fatih

Hi there @truonglv

As you can see the user extras are not hidden below the avatar:

1547727650493.png

And yet, this issue with using extra css we can't fix this leak.

Also, user signatures are showing up and this shouldn't be happening.

Last edited:

Truonglv

Staff member
Tech Support
Can you give an example link here? This site does not have much options for testing :(

View previous replies…

Fatih

@truonglv Nevermind, we have fixed that particular issue now.

To fix this issue, just add this code to your extra.less template:
Code:
.block--messages .message--post .message--post .message-userDetails,
.message--post .message--post .message-userExtras,
.message--post .message--post .message-signature
{
    display: none;
}

Last edited:

Truonglv

Staff member
Tech Support

Fatih

...and that's awesome. Now, some known stability issues have been fixed. Thank you. Anyway, I have a question. It's possible to rename ?tpr_post to ?pr_post? So, I mean is it possible to implement #post system? Prefix, it's your choice and of course I am aware of it, I understand that and I respect it. But as you can see, I just wanted to ask you a little question. Otherwise, everything is all good.

Truonglv

Staff member
Tech Support
Hmm. That is implement by XFRM guildline also to prevent conflict with another add-on. By the way i could give an option to provide the param name. But does it is neccessary?

Fatih

Oh yeah you are right.

Sometimes I forget those basic conflict principles. :) Not necessary anymore because of this, and I got it. Therefore, forgive my ignorance. Thanks again.

Greetings!

joey_tbf

another suggestion:

need option in admin panel "allow comment on every post" even 1st post

because now, you cannot comment on 1st post,

Truonglv

Staff member
Tech Support
I dont know why you asking this. Many other provider does not support comments on first post (facebook, reddit, ..)

View previous replies…

Fatih

When you merge a thread, it does not work. So I mean, when you merge two threads, the posts does not appear in the resulting thread. Yes, it doesn't appear to be there anymore.

Note: if you rebuild tree data, this will solve your issue. However, I think you should solve this because we don't want to use rebuild tree data when merging threads/posts.

Fatih

Move posts into another thread and...

Code:
LogicException: No root position was found! in src/addons/Truonglv/PostReply/XF/ControllerPlugin/Thread.php at line 48
Truonglv\PostReply\XF\ControllerPlugin\Thread->getPostLink() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php at line 179
XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionLatest() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 244
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Fatih

To solve this issue:

Admin CP > Tools > Rebuild caches > Rebuild threads

Admin CP > Tools > Rebuild caches > [tl] Post Reply: Rebuild tree data

Done. Anyway. Perhaps it may not be a problem for a small semi-private forum. However, it may be a far more serious problem for a big board.

BirdOPrey5

Fatih

If you delete a post, will all the replies to the post also get deleted. I really don't know that you are aware of it but there's a problem. If post has the replies and if you delete it, this action will delete all replies together. According to you, is that normal? And click on the date or thread title of the last post (new posts, widget new posts, etc., click title from new post page or thread list), the takes you to the first post in the thread. So I mean, it won't work anymore. For instance, if you delete a comment, this action will delete all comments on Facebook, of course I am aware of it. Yet what about the other issues?

Truonglv

Staff member
Tech Support
Hey. I may not understand your issue correctly cause I have tested in my side and it's working fine.

View previous replies…

Fatih

On the other hand, if you would like to view a deleted post, you can already see it as you well know. However, you won't see the replies. I believe that this is also an important issue.

Fatih

Issue:
I am not sure you are aware of this but I'd guess this add-on isn't aimed on large forums with tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands or more threads. So there's a huge problem when trying to rebuild tree data. All right, so let's imagine a forum has over +10 million posts and 1000—2000 users online. Do you know what will happen then? Well, let me tell you.

I just attempted to rebuild the tree data and this started this morning at 11.00 a.m., and the time is now 02.28 a.m. and yet the process is not over. So I mean, the process of rebuilding still continues for a long time. Now I believe a solution must be found. For instance, perhaps it #1188516 would be a good idea, but will implement its own solution? And yet I am not really sure. As a result, I think you may have missed the point about the issue of rebuilding caches. Meanwhile please note that #33704#33761 these issues still await resolution.

Also, let's imagine your biggest thread has over 100,000 replies. Unfortunately, the problem on this issue will continue during the rebuild tree data. Although we realize that the issue will continue to be debated, I really don't know what to expect here. As far as I can see, the process tend to take a long time to reach a result. A long time. Unfortunately yes, it does.

And such a simple request, please allow us to upload videos. I guess, I don't want to deal with a bunch of screenshots.

How do you deal with very long threads?
Tea? (Part 2)

Last edited:

Fatih

There's serious issues in the long threads. Message's becoming impossible to show. As a simple example, let's imagine the thread has over 1K, 2K, 3K, 4K or more and more replies. However, message is not showing when we try to post to the thread. So I mean, the message becoming hidden (and also, if the post has a attachment). If the PageNav number is 100 (it has 100 pages), after posting it displays 98. I mean, it displays less than 100. But in fact, that should show up as 100. I hope that I've been able to make myself clear. The situation is urgent and the issue should be resolved. And I think the issue needs to be satisfactorily resolved.

Last edited:

Fatih

Also, clicking the date will take you to the latest post in the thread but another one. For example:

It redirects:

To solve this issue:
If someone posts in the thread, or if a user has posted in the thread, it will solve the problem but I think it should be revised.