Post Reply [Paid] 3.0.9

PayPal: $30.00
Thank you for awesome addon

I have 2 issues (My forum is RTL "Arabic")
1. In the post reply, If the username is in Arabic language, username is connected to the next word, it should be a single space between username and first post word to avoid text connection.

2. I have an addon to show "Thread Starter" indicator, the in indicator is shown in my reply (because thread starter username in my replay)

Opera Snapshot_2021-06-26_183758_www.e-dewan.com.png

Thank you for awesome addon

I have 2 issues (My forum is RTL "Arabic")
1. In the post reply, If the username is in Arabic language, username is connected to the next word, it should be a single space between username and first post word to avoid text connection.

2. I have an addon to show "Thread Starter" indicator, the in indicator is shown in my reply (because thread starter username in my replay)

View attachment 4600
e-DewanCan you give me a thread link to see the issues?

TruonglvNew version 3.0.4 had this error when delete post or using spam cleaner delete all posts:

PHP:
Error: Call to a member function onItemDeleted() on null in src/addons/Truonglv/PostReply/Entity/Item.php at line 149
Truonglv\PostReply\Entity\Item->_postSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1266
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/addons/Truonglv/PostReply/XF/Entity/Post.php at line 181
Truonglv\PostReply\XF\Entity\Post->_postSave() in src/addons/XFES/XF/Entity/Post.php at line 9
XFES\XF\Entity\Post->_postSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1266
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Entity/Post.php at line 873
XF\Entity\Post->softDelete() in src/XF/Spam/Cleaner/Post.php at line 44
XF\Spam\Cleaner\Post->cleanUp() in src/XF/Spam/Cleaner.php at line 154
XF\Spam\Cleaner->cleanUpContent() in src/XF/Spam/Cleaner.php at line 137
XF\Spam\Cleaner->cleanUp() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/SpamCleaner.php at line 47
XF\Pub\Controller\SpamCleaner->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2344
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 512
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Last edited:
Hi,

The other admin of our XenForo forum purchased this add-on a while back. For the most part, it works well!

We have noticed one 'bug' which is worth pointing out. Doesn't occur too often on our forum, but has happened at least twice in a few months time.

When a (parent) thread comment is deleted, any (child) comment replies are automatically moved. The immediate/first (child) comment becomes the new (parent) thread comment, to which the (grandchild) comment replies are now the immediate/first (child) comments. That's how I figure you wanted it to work.

The one 'bug' with that is that non-admin/non-mod users of our forum cannot edit their own comments after they have been auto-moved in this manner. I suspect this has to do with this add-on. I have some non-admin/non-mod debugging console screenshots to go along with this, if that would be helpful.

I also have some ideas for possible 'options' or new features of this add-on. I'll bring most of these up later, though, one of them might automatically resolve the potential 'bug' described above.

Tweak idea #1 ... rather than fully (soft) delete the (parent) thread comment, replace whatever was in the comment with the word 'deleted' and remove the associated username. Thus, automoving of comments after the relevant parent comments are deleted would not occur, which should iron out that bug automatically. The one piece of this I haven't quite figured out is what the screen would look like for the mods/admins of the forum, when there is a deleted comment. Presumably, we would want the mods/admins to still have access to see the (soft) deleted content.

For a visualization of what that tweak idea could roughly look like (for a non-admin/non-mod user), from a different forum software, see below:

Deleted parent comment.png

Last edited:
Hi,

The other admin of our XenForo forum purchased this add-on a while back. For the most part, it works well!

We have noticed one 'bug' which is worth pointing out. Doesn't occur too often on our forum, but has happened at least twice in a few months time.

When a (parent) thread comment is deleted, any (child) comment replies are automatically moved. The immediate/first (child) comment becomes the new (parent) thread comment, to which the (grandchild) comment replies are now the immediate/first (child) comments. That's how I figure you wanted it to work.

The one 'bug' with that is that non-admin/non-mod users of our forum cannot edit their own comments after they have been auto-moved in this manner. I suspect this has to do with this add-on. I have some non-admin/non-mod debugging console screenshots to go along with this, if that would be helpful.

I also have some ideas for possible 'options' or new features of this add-on. I'll bring most of these up later, though, one of them might automatically resolve the potential 'bug' described above.

Tweak idea #1 ... rather than fully (soft) delete the (parent) thread comment, replace whatever was in the comment with the word 'deleted' and remove the associated username. Thus, automoving of comments after the relevant parent comments are deleted would not occur, which should iron out that bug automatically. The one piece of this I haven't quite figured out is what the screen would look like for the mods/admins of the forum, when there is a deleted comment. Presumably, we would want the mods/admins to still have access to see the (soft) deleted content.

For a visualization of what that tweak idea could roughly look like (for a non-admin/non-mod user), from a different forum software, see below:

View attachment 4760
TradCanIt fixed now.

After upgrading to 3.0.x the rebuild cache task always runs into an infinite loop after some time and apache/php runs at 100% CPU usage. I let it run for quite some time and it did not resolve itself. Unfortunately, it does not produce an error since it just runs forever.
Since there is no way to downgrade the addon, I had to disable the addon for threads to work again.

After upgrading to 3.0.x the rebuild cache task always runs into an infinite loop after some time and apache/php runs at 100% CPU usage. I let it run for quite some time and it did not resolve itself. Unfortunately, it does not produce an error since it just runs forever.
Since there is no way to downgrade the addon, I had to disable the addon for threads to work again.
FredyIt's output the progress IDs. Did you see that changes?

Back