[IMPLEMENTED] Automatically forum with a group name in the forum category

I created groups, and i can add forum. I have a problem, when I name a "test" forum, and the owner of another group will name the forum as well as distinguish them? Resp. does not automatically organize a forum with a group name in the forum category?

We have more groups and everyone chooses the names of their forums eg "Discussion". We would very much need a default forum for each group with a unique name the same as the group name.

Thx.

I’m only planning to use one forum per group. Some members are confused about the “create forum” option. It’d be nice if a forum was automatically created when you create the group.

truonglv

Staff member
Tech Support
I’m only planning to use one forum per group. Some members are confused about the “create forum” option. It’d be nice if a forum was automatically created when you create the group.
I think your suggestion it's difference with above thing. @requo want to auto populate the group name into the forum name. Is it?

Yes, for me - i need auto populate group name into the forum name + auto create this forum (optional). Only one forum per group with name same as "name of group" - with more thread.

I agree too with Ranger375.

How do we get this new feature to work? It doesn't seem to create a new discussion forum when a new group is created. You still have to manually add the forum. Do I need to turn it on somewhere?

I still can't seem to figure out what the {nodeTitle} - {groupName} option does. It doesn't seem to do what it is supposed to do. The forums under each group are still just named {nodeTitle} in the Xenforo Nodes list when created manually.

Aren't they supposed to be named {nodeTitle} - {groupName} in the Xenforo Nodes list?

Last edited: