[FEATURE] Can you do better breadcrumbs?

What you are showing (the large Piano Lover) is not a breadcrumb, but an H1 header tag normally.
You can not display the H1 tag on those using CSS. It's related to the p-title-value and can be suppressed either site wide or by addressing it for the specific add-on. You would address it using the data-template = [ "whatever"] syntax where whatever is the data template you need to address, and then use appropriate code to hide the H1 tag for that location.
The About template is tlg_group_about. You can find the others by using your developer mode in your browser and find the body_template when viewing the pages you want to address this in.

Last edited:
I mean the breadcrumb for the group Piano Lover in all group pages should be

Groups > Entertainment > Music >

instead of

Groups > Entertainment > Music > Piano Lover

Currently seems only the breadcrumb on the News Feed page is correct.

Last edited:
The Piano Lover should be a part of the breadcrumb. Anything below that is exactly what I described, a H1 header title.

Now, there is some inconsistency in the various breadcrumbs.

My about page

Screen Shot 2023-10-18 at 12.28.55 AM.webp

My NewsFeed page

Screen Shot 2023-10-18 at 12.29.20 AM.webp

My Discussions page

Screen Shot 2023-10-18 at 12.29.35 AM.webp

My Events page

Screen Shot 2023-10-18 at 12.32.18 AM.webp

All of them should show the group name in the breadcrumb.

But as for having it on a separate line like you denoted... not a breadcrumb. But note... the 1/2 of those above do NOT show it in the breadcrumb and instead in the H1 title. Two do and two don't that show it in the breadcrumb on my site (ergo the inconsistency statement).

Have you checked in a default style for a difference in display. It might be your style.

Last edited:
The Piano Lover should be a part of the breadcrumb. Anything below that is exactly what I described, a H1 header title.

Now, there is some inconsistency in the various breadcrumbs.

My about page

View attachment 6093

My NewsFeed page

View attachment 6094

My Discussions page

View attachment 6095

My Events page

View attachment 6096

All of them should show the group name in the breadcrumb.

But as for having it on a separate line like you denoted... not a breadcrumb. But note... the 1/2 of those above do NOT show it in the breadcrumb and instead in the H1 title. Two do and two don't that show it in the breadcrumb on my site (ergo the inconsistency statement).

Have you checked in a default style for a difference in display. It might be your style.
TD PerryOnly the breadcrumb for News Feed page is correct.
The group name should not be part of the breadcrumb.

Take this as an example:

1697610481924.webp

Styling and customization questions is the current node while breadcrumb contains all upper level nodes.

That's why I detailed the ones that I did... there is not a consistency there... your original post was rather confusing.

Truonglv

Group name should NOT be part of the breadcrumb. The last part of the breadcrumb should always be the CATEGORY that the group belongs to. Now only the breadcrumb for News feed is implemented correctly.

1698031586813.webp

Back