2.6.x upcoming! Big changes!

I hope you can fix the XFMG privacy problem. So I can finally launch social groups for my board.
Freelancer
Talking about XenForo Media Gallery Integration....

I know I am a pain in the ass, but this is the LAST great feature the Social Groups add-on needs to push to 100% and then the add-on is "complete"... Have you made any additional thoughts on handling this, @Nobita ?

In the meantime I thought about one different solution that picks up your solution but extends it a little bit more:

Right now there is ONE CATEGORY for all groups... which we all know is a privacy problem (as everybody could see the media if he has the direct link...)

My "Album Solution" seems to be too complicated right now, if I did understand you correctly...?

What if: Social Groups generate ONE CATEGORY PER GROUP once a group is created. Then setting the category only to be accessible (upload/edit/view) to the MEMBER ROLES. On the member roles page you can then checkmark "can view", "can upload".

Of course any user OUTSIDE of the group (except users with permission "bypass all group rules") can not see or access the group categories. They are totally hidden.

Would that be a working compromise?

Last edited:
Talking about XenForo Media Gallery Integration....

I know I am a pain in the ass, but this is the LAST great feature the Social Groups add-on needs to push to 100% and then the add-on is "complete"... Have you made any additional thoughts on handling this, @Nobita ?

In the meantime I thought about one different solution that picks up your solution but extends it a little bit more:

Right now there is ONE CATEGORY for all groups... which we all know is a privacy problem (as everybody could see the media if he has the direct link...)

My "Album Solution" seems to be too complicated right now, if I did understand you correctly...?

What if: Social Groups generate ONE CATEGORY PER GROUP once a group is created. Then setting the category only to be accessible (upload/edit/view) to the MEMBER ROLES. On the member roles page you can then checkmark "can view", "can upload".

Of course any user OUTSIDE of the group (except users with permission "bypass all group rules") can not see or access the group categories. They are totally hidden.

Would that be a working compromise?
FreelancerSure. We are end of the way. So i will add this to next release.

i will give some steps when reached version 2.6.x. So each version i will try to bring much more features as possible.

Back