2.6.x upcoming! Big changes!

@Nobita can you give an estimate and preview of the next upcoming release? When will it come and what adaptions / features of the suggestions will be included?

I am now using Nobita Social Groups since over one year and havent been able to actually use it in my professional environment because it still has too many bugs and inconsistencies. Much important is to have the rights and access stuff fixed and consistent with the rest of XenForo. Especially the Media Gallery as I proposed here: http://nobita.me/threads/xenforo-media-gallery-privacy-should-reflect-group-privacy.788/

Please advise.

@Nobita can you give an estimate and preview of the next upcoming release? When will it come and what adaptions / features of the suggestions will be included?

I am now using Nobita Social Groups since over one year and havent been able to actually use it in my professional environment because it still has too many bugs and inconsistencies. Much important is to have the rights and access stuff fixed and consistent with the rest of XenForo. Especially the Media Gallery as I proposed here: http://nobita.me/threads/xenforo-media-gallery-privacy-should-reflect-group-privacy.788/

Please advise.
FreelancerI am sorry for delay. But I have single man so all features is big. I must find the best way to do that. Also I consider because whenever XF 2.0 release. I should re-write again.

I understand your situation. But you did not answer both of my questions.

What is the estimated timeframe of the next release for XF 1.5 ?

What features will you include in the next release?

I hope you can fix the XFMG privacy problem. So I can finally launch social groups for my board.

I hope you can fix the XFMG privacy problem. So I can finally launch social groups for my board.
Freelancer
Talking about XenForo Media Gallery Integration....

I know I am a pain in the ass, but this is the LAST great feature the Social Groups add-on needs to push to 100% and then the add-on is "complete"... Have you made any additional thoughts on handling this, @Nobita ?

In the meantime I thought about one different solution that picks up your solution but extends it a little bit more:

Right now there is ONE CATEGORY for all groups... which we all know is a privacy problem (as everybody could see the media if he has the direct link...)

My "Album Solution" seems to be too complicated right now, if I did understand you correctly...?

What if: Social Groups generate ONE CATEGORY PER GROUP once a group is created. Then setting the category only to be accessible (upload/edit/view) to the MEMBER ROLES. On the member roles page you can then checkmark "can view", "can upload".

Of course any user OUTSIDE of the group (except users with permission "bypass all group rules") can not see or access the group categories. They are totally hidden.

Would that be a working compromise?

Last edited:
Talking about XenForo Media Gallery Integration....

I know I am a pain in the ass, but this is the LAST great feature the Social Groups add-on needs to push to 100% and then the add-on is "complete"... Have you made any additional thoughts on handling this, @Nobita ?

In the meantime I thought about one different solution that picks up your solution but extends it a little bit more:

Right now there is ONE CATEGORY for all groups... which we all know is a privacy problem (as everybody could see the media if he has the direct link...)

My "Album Solution" seems to be too complicated right now, if I did understand you correctly...?

What if: Social Groups generate ONE CATEGORY PER GROUP once a group is created. Then setting the category only to be accessible (upload/edit/view) to the MEMBER ROLES. On the member roles page you can then checkmark "can view", "can upload".

Of course any user OUTSIDE of the group (except users with permission "bypass all group rules") can not see or access the group categories. They are totally hidden.

Would that be a working compromise?
FreelancerSure. We are end of the way. So i will add this to next release.

Back