• Hello Guest,
    There are new packages allow you download any resources with a single purchase. Click here to upgrade your account ;)
Widget Threads Enhancement

Widget Threads Enhancement [Paid] 1.1.2

No permission to buy ($15.00)

meto

a bug:
Its sorting is ASC not DESC, this does not conform to XF habits.

a suggestion:
If Type added "No reply yet", it would be more better.

meto

Upgrade to 1.0.4
I found the error is Cache TTL.
If Cache TTL = 5 (default)
New thread Widget are still sorted by ASC and will miss the recent five posts (display threads 5-10).
When I set the Cache TTL to 0, everything works fine. DESC sorts and displays the last five threads (display threads 1-5).
I don't know the Cache mode, but if Cache=0, the Widget will add 2 mysql queries, and cache=5 will add 3 queries.

Truonglv

Staff member
Tech Support
If cached enabled. The new threads are not reload util cache end. Can you confirm that when cache end it still display wrong order?

meto

The node I tested, the latest threads was a month ago, but it still missed the last 5 threads, sorting is always ASC.
A new question, I disabled the unregistered user group [View node] permission on one node, this node will not be able to display new thread Widget. I tested the Xenforo default new thread widget and it will work fine.

weppa333

Hey Truonglv and thanks for the addon that I just bought

I do have a problem however; then addon is currently inserted in the category template; and if you chose option "this forum and it's children" it doesnt seem to work. (the category does have children !)

Could you fix the code so that it works in categories which have forum children, and not just in forums that have forum children ?

(the best place to test is include your widget in category_view )

thanks !

Truonglv

Staff member
Tech Support
Can you show me your widget settings?

dn18

I tried hiding some widgets from this addon on threads with low post replies using the field:
Display condition

With this value: count($__globals.posts)>4

But not working.
Any advice?
Thanks!

dn18

View previous replies…

dn18

I tested and created New Threads Widget: /admin.php?widgets/add&definition_id=new_threads
Place it on: Thread view: Sidebar
With Display Condition: count($__globals.posts) > 4

Agree not working though :/.
What would be the right condition? Thanks!

dn18

Request.

Great to have Feature: Please allow us to give the Widget title a Link/URL option.
Or maybe just like BD Widget Framework, title option accepts HTML so we can add a href code.

Thank you so much!