Question Version 2.2.1a - What I noticed

eriche

Hello Nobita,

I was testing the latest Version 2.2.1a, and write down things I noticed and Features we should talk about.
Maybe I will create some extra Posts (Bugs, Feature Requests) after discussing this.

After installing it the 1st time the permissions
  • Maximum of groups can created
  • Maximum of groups can join
are set to Zero for all Groups.
I guess "unlimited" as Default would be good :rolleyes:
Like I suggested, This Setting sould be shown somewhere in the [Nobita] Groups Management section.

I would like for creating a Group to set the Default Settings via ACP.
Now you create the Group 1st and then you have to set "Membership Approval" extra.
It is always set to "Anyone can join without waiting for moderator approval".
I would like to set the Default and get a permission to set if the Group admin can Change this Setting later.
--> new Permission (is allowed to Change Membership Approval).

similar Thing would be good for the Privacy.
I would like to set a Default (this is possible already) and then hide this Option.

I was featuring a Group.
Which permission or Setting lets the Group owner Feature a Group?
Afterwards I didn`t find a way to unfeature.

With Internet Explorer 10, when pressing at the Group the red Plus sign - the main Forum page gets loaded :eek:

When editing a Group, I don`t want that the Administrator can Change the Title or the Tag Line of this Group.
This should be possible also with a permission to disable.
For me the Group should stay unique and not Change every day the Name - others will not find it anymore or get missleaded :oops:

Choose ribbon does nothig for me - what should be changed when Setting this?

I hope you we can talk about this Points.

Erich

No. Please dont ask me make functions just only work with you :)

Nobita - I am just bringing imput.
I don`t think my suggestions are only 1:1 for my Needs - I think that others may also like to customize as much as possible.

It is so hard to say: "I design a Group plugin which fits for everybody out of the box".
But giving the Admin the Chance to adjust the Plugin for his users Need is the right way I think.

This is just a post where I want to speak with you and your comunity.
I think ideas from users will mostly lead in better products :)

For my Project I will be fine with your Plugin - maybe I will hardcoded remove some things (hidden Groups,...), if you don`t think implementing some more permission makes sense, but mainly I am happy ;)

Please tell me which of my suggestions would only fulfill my Needs - this I would like to know.

Thanks

Erich

In my Point of view - simple is good as Default (after an Installation).
But the more you can set the better.

For me 2 things are very important.
  1. I want to lock that once a Group Name and a Tag was given, that the Group admin can NOT rename the Group
Lets say you create a clan with Players from 1 game. Maybe I will verify this clan and set optical an indicator, that it is an approved clan. Then I don`t want afterwards that the Group Name can be changed.
Like I explained, other members would get confused - so this is not only for my Project - all Group users will like to have the possibility to lock this 2 unique fileds after a Clan was created (new Permission, lock_GroupNameEditing).​
  1. To set the Default Settings when the Group is created. And to hide the "secret Groups" from choosing.
this one if you think ist useless, I will do hardcoded - in my case (don`t wanna let members choose hidden Groups).

I will use it like this.

When a member creates a Group, he should give the Group Name, the TAG-Line, description and decide if the Group is open or closed and if you have to be approved when joining. (would be nice to have this on 1 page when creating a Group).

Thats it. afterwards the admin may Change the description, Avatar and the Join Methode as well if the Group is open or closed.

Very simple ;)

Haven't you noticed it yet, we love options
Yes everybody loves to customize Software to his Needs - a stable Plugin with flexible Features will bo loved sooooo much ;)
Erich

Back