[IMPLEMENTED] Prefixes in the social group posts

TD Perry

This could be very beneficial for county/regional wide posts.
Currently, I have to set up a group for each high school. It would be SO much easier if I could simply set up a regional group (like East Texas) and then within that group have the ability to address activity per prefix, that users could filter upon.

You mean group prefix?

You mean group prefix?
TruonglvGroup discussion prefixes.
Screen Shot 2023-04-07 at 10.02.11 PM.webp

As an example, in this area I could have prefixes that address specific cities in each the East Texas locale instead of having to have a group for each city.
No different that forum prefixes and resource prefixes.

View previous replies…
It's XenForo thread system so you can create thread prefixes in admin CP.
TruonglvNot for specific groups..... only someone with access to the ACP can do that. It would be nice if the group administrators had the ability to create prefixes for THEIR group and not depend on an administrator to create prefixes for every group created.
It may be more work than can be reasonably done.
I realize that one can create them from the back end of the ACP, but that does the social group administrator no good.

View attachment 5903

Last edited:
Not for specific groups..... only someone with access to the ACP can do that. It would be nice if the group administrators had the ability to create prefixes for THEIR group and not depend on an administrator to create prefixes for every group created.
It may be more work than can be reasonably done.
TD PerryIt will create tons of trash prefixes to your board.

It will create tons of trash prefixes to your board.
TruonglvNot if done properly... and if abused, the ability to create the prefixes should be able to be easily removed from the social group admin (by permission sets).
Ultimately it would be nice if it would automatically create the prefix under a special "prefix" group for each social group created.
This ability should really be a permission set in the Social Groups permissions.

Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 1.12.10 AM.webp

Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 1.13.38 AM.webp

Back