Image Optimizer for XF 2.0

Image Optimizer for XF 2.0 [Paid] 2.2.1

PayPal: $29.00
Hello. Truonglv, have you done any tests? What is the difference (in size) between Image Optimizer and the built-in solution in Xenforo 2.3.0? Is it advisable to use an add-on? Thanks!

Hello. Truonglv, have you done any tests? What is the difference (in size) between Image Optimizer and the built-in solution in Xenforo 2.3.0? Is it advisable to use an add-on? Thanks!
topasIf you want to compress JPG/PNG images, then you will need to use this add-on. If you want to convert/compress to WebP (which not all browsers can display currently) then you will be better served by the built in process.
Granted, it is only about 4% of the users that can't see them... but it's easier with JPG and everyone can see them.
Also, WebP doesn't support the higher megapixel sizes that PNG and JPG do.

I was interested in the size. Perhaps the final difference there is 2 times. And there's no point in enabling WebP, it's probably not as energy efficient as compressed PNG with image-optimizer. Maybe, perhaps. I haven't tested yet.
About WebP, seems all browsers support it https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/faq At least that's what they promise.
topasAll major browsers currently do, but not everyone runs a current browser.
There are still users that their computer is running older versions of Windows.
WebP is not something that I'll be using on my site as it is largely photography based and many people like to download the images to use as backgrounds. It is easier to just keep them in the format they can directly use.

Anyone still on XenForo 2.2.16 area and using the latest version of this add-on for XenForo 2.2.x?
I am still running 2.1.7 and notice the latest version shows as "fixed for deleting images".
I know that was a problem with the versions after 2.1.7 and would like to confirm if this is fixed before I upgrade to it as I really can't afford to have the astrophotography images that are uploaded disappearing.
I really want to be able to keep on using this as I realize that WebP is in 2.3, but for my use case that is basically useless.

Last edited:
Back