Implemented Group subforums

Personally, I prefer (for tabs: public, private, staff) the thread system, than walls system.
If in one addon, in ACP had a choice used the wall or forums - it satisfy the all potentially customers this addon

Personally, I prefer (for tabs: public, private, staff) the thread system, than walls system.
If in one addon, in ACP had a choice used the wall or forums - it satisfy the all potentially customers this addon
sanmitsuAs your explain. I see that wall tabs really dont need for someone. It fast posting. Btw support public, private...for thread make more trouble with permission.

What is needed is this:
  1. Change the name of 'threads' tab to 'forums' or 'discussion'
  2. Under this tab display thread list if the group has only 1 node. Same as now. If the group has multiple nodes then show nodes. Node index should have the same styling as xenforo node index: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0c643q5j80
Not needed but very nice to have too:
  1. Group staff can request a new subforum. (in group settings or edit group)
  2. Request for new subforum goes to moderation queue.
  3. Super moderator / administrator approves new subforum.
  4. The new group forum becomes active.

I wish this feature as well. Should this happen, no one will go to forums now lolz :p
then i will make my main page as the group page now.

Last edited:
It would be very cool to see a functionality Waindigo already implemented.

There you can create multiple Social Group categories.
The Advantage is, that you can set rules (permissions) for each of this categories.

In 1 category you could say - users can join unlimited number of Groups
in the other categoery you could define that the user only can join 1 Group for example ;)

What about this?

Erich

It would be very cool to see a functionality Waindigo already implemented.

There you can create multiple Social Group categories.
The Advantage is, that you can set rules (permissions) for each of this categories.

In 1 category you could say - users can join unlimited number of Groups
in the other categoery you could define that the user only can join 1 Group for example ;)

What about this?

Erich
ericheYou are not talking about this suggestion.

I was about to suggest something i think would be a solution. basically if we had the option to have the threads created in a group go to a selected forum then i could have social groups sorted. currently you have it so threads in categories (so all groups discussions in that category) can go to a selected forum but that doesn't always work when you want different social groups that would fit in different forums but the same category or same category but some groups are more popular and need their discussion in a subforum.

e.g. gaming forum has categories such as 'action games' 'shooting games' 'racing games' etc. in the shooting games forum you have a sub forum for Call of duty games because it's more popular and all the posts about COD burry the other shooting games posts. there is a group of COD in the shooting games category but you want their discussions to go to the COD sub forum not the shooting games main forum.

same could be applied to a movie or anime forum and all sorts of other forums in the way that more popular forums have sub forums inside main forums for more popular series or whatever that might hide the other general talk.

With only having category discussion going to 1 forum but groups in that category can't go to a different forum or sub-forum it makes it difficult to control and isolate certain more popular social groups.

This would solve my problem and i think it would work for the people above as well. (rushed writing this so if some doesn't make sense then ask what i meant)

Here is some screenshots:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 12.52.18 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 12.52.18 PM.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 12.00.12 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 12.00.12 PM.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 91
Back