[IMPLEMENTED] Board moderation abilities for group admins and moderators

Brettflan

Is it possible for group admins or moderators to do any sort of moderation within their own group discussion boards, like locking, editing, or deleting other users' topics and posts? I couldn't find any way, but I figured I'd check here before posting it in Suggestions.

For discussions permissions are inherit from XenForo User Group Permissions.

So the only way to give group admins and group moderators the ability to edit or delete posts/threads made by other group members in their discussion forum is for a forum administrator to go in after the fact and assign them moderator privileges over that board, and later unassign them if needed? If so, the extra forum administrator work involved seems undesirable.
Or is it somehow possible to configure those social group admin/moderator roles to promote to a standard XenForo usergroup (which I see is of course available), but which would then only grant them permission to moderate posts within their group's own discussion forum rather than that permission applying throughout every other forum as well? It's my understanding that those usergroup permissions would grant all provided permisisions throughout all forums, though maybe I'm missing something.

Oh sorry I have misleading there. In the member role allow groups member can extend it.

I'm not sure I understand... is there some way in member roles configuration to allow group members with that role to edit or delete all threads and/or posts within that group's discussion forum(s)?

Brettflan I working on this now.

Currently support these extended permissions:
  • Edit thread any
  • Delete thread any
  • Stick/Unstick threads
  • View moderated threads, posts
  • View deleted threads, posts
  • Approve/unapprove thread posts
  • Undelete threads, posts
  • Edit post any
  • Delete post any.

Back