Question What is the purpose of the public wall?

alfa1

There is a member wall which can be private. There also is a public wall. What is the purpose of this? What is the benefit? Why do we need it?

I think the answer is description of addon :) have you look it?

I do not see the answer in the description of the groups addon.

I do not see the answer in the description of the groups addon.
alfa1
Group NewsFeed: including Public, Member và Admin Newsfeeds
  • Public Newsfeed is displayed to the Public
  • Member Zone is only for group members.
  • Admin Zone is only for group admins. Staff members are set in Member Roles setting by enabling "Display as Staff" option.

The 'public' tab does not yet function as newsfeed, because it does not show all activity of a group. Is that what you want to create for the public tab?
Currently it is only a member wall that everyone can see. Or am I missing something?

the staff wall is a good Thing, because there staff members can communicate without members of the Group seeing this discussion.

The Members wall confuses my members like I wrote once.
They should use the Forum to discuss.

A wall with only Neesfeed and activity of the Group would be great.

Erich

I think what Nobita has in his mind for next version is better.
He want to remove other two walls and let us have just one wall.
And then like facebook, we be able to choose a post to be public or for members or for staffs. All in one wall.
That would be awesome.

Sounds great in theory but I am afraid this will result in staff posts showing up to members. That would cause conflicts.

Sounds great in theory but I am afraid this will result in staff posts showing up to members. That would cause conflicts.
alfa1I don't think so.
In facebook, when you share something and choose from dropdown to share just with your friends, then non-friend users won't see it. They have no way to see that post.
This will be like this. We will have just one wall, but while posting we will have a dropdown next to post button, that we can choose who will be able to see the post (all, members, staffs).

XenForo has a different permissions system: usergroup settings and node settings. Facebook works based on friends, group staff. What works for Facebook will not always work for XF. Nobita is very inventive so maybe he can find a way. But it may work out the same as with combining posts from multiple groups in one forum node. IMHO its saver to keep things separated that have different permissions.

Back