Not a Bug "there are no nodes defined" after creating several groups nodes

moshbit

okay, so i updated to the latest version and i am still unable to create forums in my groups. since there is essentially no documentation explaining how to set this up, i've been poking around and guessing, and my only conclusion is that there is a bug in the plugin.

for example, i've created a new node in the xf forum tree:

Screenshot (1).webp

and every node i create shows in the parent node list (see screen shot above) but no where else, not in the xf node list, and not in the groups node list:

download.webp

so i'm at a complete loss at this point. how do i set this up properly?

As i replied in some threads. Please create forums inside groups not in ACP. In the first post all forums which belong to group will display on that.

As i replied in some threads. Please create forums inside groups not in ACP. In the first post all forums which belong to group will display on that.
Nobita
i STILL cannot create forums in groups:

Screenshot (13).webp
until i can select a parent node, it will not let me create a forum in my group.

Nobita
also, why would you enable group forum nodes to be created and then put somewhere where they can't be deleted? (i.e. not associated with a group) that doesn't make much sense.

You cannot select the parent group of your group did not have any forums.

You cannot select the parent group of your group did not have any forums.
Nobita
i'm sorry, but that doesn't make any sense. why would i want to go into the ACP to create a new root node every time a new group is created, just so they can create forums in their group?

if there was an option in the groups setting to just select an xf category node to put all forum nodes from the groups plugin this would be WAY simpler.

i'm sorry, but that doesn't make any sense. why would i want to go into the ACP to create a new root node every time a new group is created, just so they can create forums in their group?

if there was an option in the groups setting to just select an xf category node to put all forum nodes from the groups plugin this would be WAY simpler.
moshbitYes. Stuff you talk about it is belong to very old version of addon :)

@Nobita im sorry, but i don't think you're understanding. this is the way it's working for me RIGHT NOW with the LATEST VERSION.

i've already given you my login details, if you would just take a look you'd see where it's broken.

here is a video showing the entire process:

here is a video showing the entire process:

moshbitNo options because the "parent" is your group. That's all. Right now it is like this and it is confusing I agree.

@Nobita I would propose a little "trick" just for user convenience and user experience: Put the group name in that option pulldown and let it be selectable as "parent". Then if one adds forums to the group, they will be displayed under the group name in that pulldown.

I guess that would help a lot.

No options because the "parent" is your group. That's all. Right now it is like this and it is confusing I agree.
Freelancer
thanks for the help, i'm definitely really confused. i mean, it's an 'egg or chicken' scenario. i can't select a parent forum when creating the forum in my group (via the front end). if i can't select the parent forum, then i can't create the forum for users of my group to post in. why would i want to make myself go in (to the ACP) and create a new forum parent for every group that gets created? that defeats the entire point of automated groups?

i just don't understand why it is set up like this, and why this hasn't been mentioned by ANYONE using this plugin. it makes far more sense to just assign a 'root' forum node to the groups plugin (perhaps in the group's options) and have all future groups forum nodes created (on the front end) go inside that root node. easy peasy, no confusion.

@Nobita could you take a look at my installation and set this up how it's supposed to be? i've sent you my login information previously via PM, and i think if you'll take a look you'll see there's a problem here somewhere.
@Nobita I would propose a little "trick" just for user convenience and user experience: Put the group name in that option pulldown and let it be selectable as "parent". Then if one adds forums to the group, they will be displayed under the group name in that pulldown.

if nothing else, yeah, that would help a lot.

Back