Not a Bug "there are no nodes defined" after creating several groups nodes

here is a video showing the entire process:

here is a video showing the entire process:

moshbitNo options because the "parent" is your group. That's all. Right now it is like this and it is confusing I agree.

@Nobita I would propose a little "trick" just for user convenience and user experience: Put the group name in that option pulldown and let it be selectable as "parent". Then if one adds forums to the group, they will be displayed under the group name in that pulldown.

I guess that would help a lot.

No options because the "parent" is your group. That's all. Right now it is like this and it is confusing I agree.
Freelancer
thanks for the help, i'm definitely really confused. i mean, it's an 'egg or chicken' scenario. i can't select a parent forum when creating the forum in my group (via the front end). if i can't select the parent forum, then i can't create the forum for users of my group to post in. why would i want to make myself go in (to the ACP) and create a new forum parent for every group that gets created? that defeats the entire point of automated groups?

i just don't understand why it is set up like this, and why this hasn't been mentioned by ANYONE using this plugin. it makes far more sense to just assign a 'root' forum node to the groups plugin (perhaps in the group's options) and have all future groups forum nodes created (on the front end) go inside that root node. easy peasy, no confusion.

@Nobita could you take a look at my installation and set this up how it's supposed to be? i've sent you my login information previously via PM, and i think if you'll take a look you'll see there's a problem here somewhere.
@Nobita I would propose a little "trick" just for user convenience and user experience: Put the group name in that option pulldown and let it be selectable as "parent". Then if one adds forums to the group, they will be displayed under the group name in that pulldown.

if nothing else, yeah, that would help a lot.

Back