Testing comments

Truonglv

Staff member
Tech Support
Testing too.

User21

But it looks like I can't use comments here.

Last edited:

User21

I see, the "Reply" and "Quote" buttons for selected text works only for the Original Post.

So what would I need:

1. these "Reply" and "Quote" buttons for selected text work also for comments.
  2. in OP the "Reply" is not working so fix that
  3. the "Reply" button to keep it's function as it does in stock version and for comments a "Comments" button.
  4. when there is more comments, they are hiding. I want all comments to see without extra clicks.
Then I could buy it.

User21

5. When I get an email about a new comment posted, the link in the email doesn't bring me to that comment. That is a big problem to. So that would have to be fixed too.

View previous replies…

Truonglv

Staff member
Tech Support
User21 Can you collect all your suggestion into new thread? Split each one for easy tracking ;)

View previous replies…

User21

1. I need these "Reply" and "Quote" buttons for selected text to work also for comments and other replies.

Last edited:

User21

3. the "Reply" button should keep it's function as it does in stock version and for comments a "Comments" button should be made.

Last edited:

User21

4. when there is more comments, they are hiding. I want all comments to see without extra clicks. This is what users want. They are asking for it. I am just trying to listen to them.

Last edited:

User21

Better than hiding comments is to limit the number of comments under a reply to for example, 20 comments. If that number is reached, moderator should move it and create a regular topic out of that reply and comments should convert into regular replies.

Last edited:

User21

The purpose of a comment is to give a short response to a reply, like: thanks, ok, I agree, Yes, and so on. If too long and too many comments are created under a reply, it should be moved to a separate topic.

User21

Hell yes!

Comments should be short. Like maybe 2-3 sentences. If you want several long paragraphs, post a regular reply. That's what the regular replay is for.

User21

5. When I get an email about a new comment posted, the link in the email doesn't bring me to that comment. That is a big problem to. So that would have to be fixed too.

User21

9. I've noticed another 2 problems.

Problem 1: When there is a comment text box open, the Reply button from the original post is sending the quote to the comment box instead of to the reply box.

Problem 2: When a comment box is open, then closed, the Reply button from original post no longer works.

See it replicated in the video:

Thread view new threads