Social Groups and XenForo 2.2.0 Beta 4

ChrisTERiS

I'm thinking to start a new site directly with XenForo 2.2 and I want to buy and use Social Groups. Is your latest version compatible with xF 2.2, and if not, is there any ETA of your compatible release?

Thank you
Chris

It's not compatible yet. I will try to make it's work this week.

It's not compatible yet. I will try to make it's work this week.
Truonglv
Thank you. That's good news. By the chance can I ask if is in your plans to integrate Resources Manager in Groups, just like you've with Media Gallery? I think that many groups would love to have their own section for downloads.

Sure I can't expect to have all these features for $50, it's normal to increase the module price.

Resource Manager is great but i prefer to create my own. It's hard to control permissions when integrate with other.

Truonglv Actually I had in mind to edit my post. I don't need all those features that XFRM has. In addition maybe it will cause bugs with so many XFRM addons.

I'm talking for a simple download manager with (if it's easy), a global limit setting "Downloads Limit per day". And maybe a textarea field where the uploader can add/edit some remarks to keep version history.

That's all.

Hello Truonglv

Is it possible to give me an ETA when Social Groups will be compatible with XenForo 2.2?
I'm planing to start my site from scratch, and I trust to install XenForo 2.2 even if it's in Beta. But Social Groups is a must for my site.

Thank you

Hi,

about updating:

Is this the correct order?

1. Update to Xenforo 2.2
2. Update to Social Groups 3.0
?

Thanks.

ehd

As it's a major update and not all modules/styles should be compatible, follow the steps below:

1. Backup database and web files
  2. Turn off all your plugins
  3. Upgrade to XenForo 2.2 (and any official modules)
  4. Update Social Groups 3.0
  5. Continue with activating one by one all your other 3nd party mods.

Reactions: ehd
Back