Slow Post Reply Rebuild Tree Process

AMG

Okay, I bought this and I've installed it. However really struggling to finish the Rebuild Tree process.

We have about 60,000 threads that need to rebuild. It times out in the ACP, but running the CLI also takes FOREVER. Its about an hour per one thousand threads, which means it would take 50 hours. My terminal has timed out because it's taking so long.

A few questions.

1. If I close the terminal, will the CLI rebuild process continue?

2. Is there any way to speed this process up?!?

3. How do I rebuild tree data AND parse messages and make it sub-replies in the CLI?

4. Is it safe for members to post or make new threads while this process is running?

Please help...
Kyros
Hello, I posted this a few days ago -- at the time we had 1,000 out of 60,000 threads processed. As of now we only have 8,000.

Is there a way to speed this up?

Can I rebuild tree data and parse messages in the CLI?

If the CLI process is interrupted, is there a command I can use to start again?

Please help, thank you so much.

Okay I did figure out something.

If the CLI process is interrupted, is there a command I can use to start again?
KyrosYes, I can, if I add --resume after the command! Phew.

I'm still only on 18,000 out of 60,000, it's definitely slowing down the site and I wish it would go faster but... it'll be okay I think.

I'm very sad. Just made it halfway thru the process today, finally, 30,000 out of 60,000 ... took over a week to get to this point.

Accidentally cancelled the rebuild process... can't resume where I left off...

The rebuild process is seriously slowing down my website and has taken over a week just to get halfway, and I'm really distressed I have to restart this process.

Is there some way I can restart the process from a specific thread onward? Maybe start from latest threads and go backwards instead? Or other some way to guarantee this process won't have to run for another two weeks to finish?

If you could please help or if you have any advice... starting over from scratch is daunting. I'm feeling very disheartened.

Last edited:
We do have 1.5 million posts, so that may be why things are slowing down, but I'm getting pretty desperate.

Back