Image Optimizer for XF 2.0

Image Optimizer for XF 2.0 [Paid] 2.2.0

PayPal: $29.00
The add-on provides install scripts for the latest version (../src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/scripts).

However, I had to do a lot of manual compiling (running Almalinux 8) because the scripts didn't work out of the box for me.

Took me about 15 minutes to get everything working.

The add-on provides install scripts for the latest version (../src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/scripts).

However, I had to do a lot of manual compiling (running Almalinux 8) because the scripts didn't work out of the box for me.

Took me about 15 minutes to get everything working.
duderuudthe script was tested with ubuntu; it may not work with other system :(

To the point, I cannot say much positive about this addon.

For whatever arcane reason, the developer has required Rust as a component language. Let's start with Rust not being that commonly a used language in the PHP web world, and the fact that almost no VPS hosts have it installed by default.

That brings me to having it installed. Unless you are a CLI admin whiz, DO NOT even attempt this yourself. I took one look at the github instructions--and promptly contacted admin at InMotion Hosting to configure my VPS. That was a week and $90 ago and it is still not installed.

This was kicked up to someone senior, and they are trying to get it to run on a test VPS server. C'mon people--this scenario is not forum development friendly.

Nothing today, maybe tomorrow. Likely out of $130 for this little experiment. Looks like CloudFlare is even more substantially in my forum's future...

Prospective licensees of this addon beware the pitfalls--and take due diligence in discussing Rust with your VPS webhost prior to buying a license for this addon.

View previous replies…
To the point, I cannot say much positive about this addon.

For whatever arcane reason, the developer has required Rust as a component language. Let's start with Rust not being that commonly a used language in the PHP web world, and the fact that almost no VPS hosts have it installed by default.

That brings me to having it installed. Unless you are a CLI admin whiz, DO NOT even attempt this yourself. I took one look at the github instructions--and promptly contacted admin at InMotion Hosting to configure my VPS. That was a week and $90 ago and it is still not installed.

This was kicked up to someone senior, and they are trying to get it to run on a test VPS server. C'mon people--this scenario is not forum development friendly.

Nothing today, maybe tomorrow. Likely out of $130 for this little experiment. Looks like CloudFlare is even more substantially in my forum's future...

Prospective licensees of this addon beware the pitfalls--and take due diligence in discussing Rust with your VPS webhost prior to buying a license for this addon.
Papa TangoI use CentMin Mod with AlmaLinux... and my install had everything needed by default.

I have two instances of my forum on the same server.
Testing and prod. Will there be any issues if I install this on my test env first, before I do it on the production site?
EI, should I test it on a separate server first?

For those interested... if you are running AlmaLinux 8 and the BETA of CentMin Mod.. this add-on will work. If you base it off of the versioning of software required in the notes.. you won't "meet" those expectations... but AlmaLinux 8 and the BETA of CentMin Mod works fine with it.

Yes, it can be set to do it "on the fly". Depending on how busy your site is, that can be somewhat resource intensive though.
And yes, it works with proxy images.

Screen Shot 2023-09-29 at 10.42.15 AM.webp

Definitely after several tests I can confirm that Optimize images on fly does not work when you create a post with images. The images remain the same until the cron ([tl] Image Optimizer: Trigger Jobs) processes them. This option may only work with attached images. I hope this can be fixed.

On the other hand it would be great if Truonglv added an option to convert all proxy images stored in webp. Some of us store proxy images indefinitely and it would be a great help to reduce space and gain performance.

Greetings.

Definitely after several tests I can confirm that Optimize images on fly does not work when you create a post with images. The images remain the same until the cron ([tl] Image Optimizer: Trigger Jobs) processes them. This option may only work with attached images. I hope this can be fixed.

On the other hand it would be great if Truonglv added an option to convert all proxy images stored in webp. Some of us store proxy images indefinitely and it would be a great help to reduce space and gain performance.

Greetings.
Merino88this add-on does not support webp yet. I think I can add support it in next version.

Back