Image Optimizer for XF 2.0

Image Optimizer for XF 2.0 [Paid] 2.2.0

PayPal: $29.00
To the point, I cannot say much positive about this addon.

For whatever arcane reason, the developer has required Rust as a component language. Let's start with Rust not being that commonly a used language in the PHP web world, and the fact that almost no VPS hosts have it installed by default.

That brings me to having it installed. Unless you are a CLI admin whiz, DO NOT even attempt this yourself. I took one look at the github instructions--and promptly contacted admin at InMotion Hosting to configure my VPS. That was a week and $90 ago and it is still not installed.

This was kicked up to someone senior, and they are trying to get it to run on a test VPS server. C'mon people--this scenario is not forum development friendly.

Nothing today, maybe tomorrow. Likely out of $130 for this little experiment. Looks like CloudFlare is even more substantially in my forum's future...

Prospective licensees of this addon beware the pitfalls--and take due diligence in discussing Rust with your VPS webhost prior to buying a license for this addon.

View previous replies…

For whatever arcane reason, the developer has required Rust as a component language. Let's start with Rust not being that commonly a used language in the PHP web world, and the fact that almost no VPS hosts have it installed by default.

That brings me to having it installed. Unless you are a CLI admin whiz, DO NOT even attempt this yourself. I took one look at the github instructions--and promptly contacted admin at InMotion Hosting to configure my VPS. That was a week and $90 ago and it is still not installed.

This was kicked up to someone senior, and they are trying to get it to run on a test VPS server. C'mon people--this scenario is not forum development friendly.

Nothing today, maybe tomorrow. Likely out of $130 for this little experiment. Looks like CloudFlare is even more substantially in my forum's future...

Prospective licensees of this addon beware the pitfalls--and take due diligence in discussing Rust with your VPS webhost prior to buying a license for this addon.
Papa TangoIt's literally two commands to install Rush.

Code:
sudo dnf install epel-release

Code:
sudo dnf install rust

Change package manager to suit.

Papa Tangoyou can use old version of this add-on. It also work great.

Truonglv updated Image Optimizer for XF 2.0 with a new update entry:

Notable changes:
  • Added new tools to test with optimize image options. You can see it at: ACP -> Tools -> [tl] Image Optimizer: Test images
  • Added new option: Only optimize images which its has size at least X kilobytes (KB)
  • Support optimize image in fly; optimize as soon as user upload images.
  • Improvement processing images.

Read the rest of this update entry...

The addon doesn't show the stats as it's running, nor does it show the start process button per the screenshots.

1682761568747.webp

Fresh install of this addon into a newly upgraded XF2:

Code:
Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1146]: Table 'konekans_kkxforo.tl_image_optimizer_log' doesn't exist

Now shows this:
1686142861014.webp

Back