Question How to hide dedicated XFMG Category for groups from Add media page

Dadparvar

Hi,

We have an option in groups add-on to "Hide XenMedia category store in list". It works and when we enable this, then the category associated with Groups add-on won't be displayed in categories block in XFMG index.

But when a user wants to Add media from XFMG index, he/she sees that category in Category Drop Down menu.

How to also hide from there? We don't want to let users be able to add media to that category directly from XFMG index. We just created it to be used from Groups.

Regards

Also I see it is limited to upload photos.
Its URL shows it it just for photos: site.com/groups/portion/photos
Why Uploading Video is not supported? Although that category supports Uploading Video.
That would be awesome if we could Upload videos too.

How about this?
Also I see it is limited to upload photos.
Its URL shows it it just for photos: site.com/groups/portion/photos
Why Uploading Video is not supported? Although that category supports Uploading Video.
That would be awesome if we could Upload videos too.
DadparvarWe use videos in our site. And would be awesome if we be able to upload videos into media tab (isn't there inheriting from XFMG? Then why it is limited to photos?)

Thanks

There is one another problem.
When users post comments in a media in a group, then those comments are listed in latest comments block of index of XFMG.
Although that media is dedicated for its group.

After look the comment I leave in code. I am going move thread to as designed. The category stored associate just be an option for XenMedia. So if you want to add media for group, must be done in group interface. Otherwise that category still allow another people add in that. No restrict at this time :)

Back