Fixed Guests can not view a public wall. This bug?

I've said that. Public wall obly available with Team Open. Have you look at with Facebook group closed?

The latest versions 2.1.* broke how so many things worked, that personally i have had to reinstall 2.0.2.

The Public tab for groups is no longer public, that being the "?wtype=public" tab, in 2.0.2 none members could view posts made on that tab, what is used to make posts to inform none members about stuff and to get them to join a group.

Now on the new 2.1.* versions

Trying to view that same public tab as a none group member (http://localhost/forums/index.php?groups/test.1/&wtype=public) takes you to the information tab (http://localhost/forums/index.php?groups/test.1/extra&type=information) and you can not view the PUBLIC tab no more.

Public = Open to all to view, members, none members & guests, you broke this system and how it works what totally removes a lot of value to this add-on.

Sorry. But the group privacy it similar with facebook group privacy. If closed or secret so should be hidden any contents to non-members of group. It include of public tab:) have it make clear??

It's an OPEN group
Privacy: Open

Public tab can no longer be viewed in 2.1.*, in 2.0.* this worked fine and what by the looks of it is the way people wanted an "OPEN" group to work like.

So to sum up, its a OPEN group with an PUBLIC tab, that could be viewed in 2.0.* but can not now be viewed if you upgrade to 2.1.* what breaks how my sites groups work and run.

Yes, but you're missing the error, it's not the information tab we are on about.
It's the PUBLIC tab, what takes up the groups name that none members and guests can no longer view on open clubs after 2.1.*

For eg, go to the group on this site: https://nobita.me/groups/DragonBall/ thats an OPEN group, because im NOT a member of that group i can no longer click on the tab called "Dragon Ball" what is the PUBLIC tab of the OPEN group and it just loads the information tab.

In versions before 2.1.* i would have been able to click on that tab and been able view the PUBLIC posts on that tab for the OPEN group, this no longer happens and that is an BUG, if its not a bug then you edited the way that this add-on works and made it near on pointless for my use.

Can you give an example?? Its look like not a bug. In version 2.1.2 I've changed the tab name information to group name. But if you have permission to view so display as normal :)

In this video below, you will see me first using 2.0, you will see i post a message on the public tab, log out and try to view as a guest (does not show whats right), i then login as a test user thats not a member of that group and i can view that public tab and message.

I then do the same test on 2.1 install and you will see that the public tab can now no longer be viewed by an user thats not a member of the group like you could do before on 2.0, this to me is a bug and at the least you totally edited how the system works for the bad.

Back