Group Card & Banner display issues

Do you have a sidebar?

Do you have a sidebar?
alfa1Yes

(btw, let me update it: with the 2.8.8 version that released a few minutes ago, now the list has some problems)
123123.webp
with removing overflow hidden and other related stuffs like ellipses and ... the result became:
1. tagline show all the text. it makes the cards become messy as some of them have short taglines and some long. so the short ones will have white space. also the text is now ltr instead of center
2. when the taglines are different, the the stats row are in different places too. compare first groups's stats row with the second. a few pixell below each other.
3. category name and date is now showing the full text and the result is messy when category of some card is short and the other is long. same with the date.
4. when a group has 4 figures stats (lets say 1000 views or 2000 discusstions) then the numbers will go to second row, and the result is again messy

all of these problems will be fixed with marquee effect

You can make a marquee effect with simple CSS. Please to not make it more complicated for everyone.

DadparvarIMHO thats pretty messy. Half the text you cant read.
I get your point that the new version tries to put text in places where it doesn't fit. There is just too many things on the card.
The settings, classes and style properties suggested above should allow everyone to adjust it to their liking.

IMHO cutting off text at 1.5 - 3 words is not the solution. There is no point to display a date if it cant be read.
Making space for the text is the solution and giving everyone the options to choose what elements should be removed and at what length the text can be cut off. In that sense I find the new release a small improvement that allows for more improvements.

The truth lies in the middle as always. It should orient itself to common XF design of the default style and that is the grid style (XFMG, XFRM). From there every admin should tailor it according to his needs.

Back