Generating android keystore

Truonglv

♥♥ √εgετα ♥♥
Staff member
Tech Support
To generating android keystore you may run this command in your ternimal. (Copy and paste to your ternimal screen).

Code:
keytool -genkeypair -v \
    -storetype PKCS12 \
    -keystore my-upload-key.keystore \
    -alias my-key-alias \
    -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

Options:
  • my-upload-key.keystore is name of keystore file. You can change it whatever you want. Example: nobitame.keystore
  • my-key-alias is alias name of keystore. You can change it whatever you want. Example: nobitame-alias
And press Enter to process your command.

When be asked password. The message like this: Enter keystore password: You need enter a password for that. Use a rememberable password or you can type password another file then copy-paste to screen.

For next proceed you will provide some basic to creating files.
  • What is your first and last name?
    • Example: Nobita Me
  • What is the name of your organizational unit?
  • What is the name of your organization?
  • What is the name of your City or Locality?
    • Example: Ha Noi
  • What is the name of your State or Province?
    • Example: Ha Noi
  • What is the two-letter country code for this unit?
    • Example: VN
When be asked the information is correct? If that ok type 'yes' and Enter.

Next proceed is enter a another password for key alias above. If you want to have another password for key alias then type it in screen, otherwise just Enter to using same keystore password.

Finally you will have an keystore which saved in the current directory which you are working on. You may use that file and upload to your certificate.

In the case you cannot create yourself keystore or don't known to process above command you can ask me for support. Create new conversation with me with these details:
  • All answers for above questions.
  • Keystore password.
  • Keystore alias password: Incase you are not specific one I will use keystore password as default.
Source

Last edited:
With single command:

Code:
echo y | keytool -genkeypair -dname "cn=Example, ou=Example, o=Sun, c=US" \
    -alias example-alias \
    -storetype PKCS12 \
    -keypass password \
    -keystore example.keystore \
    -storepass password \
    -keyalg RSA \
    -keysize 2048 \
    -validity 10000
  • dnameis a unique identifier for the application in the .keystore
    • cn the full name of the person or organization that generates the .keystore
    • ou Organizational Unit that creates the project, its a subdivision of the Organization that creates it. Ex. android.google.com
    • o Organization owner of the whole project. Its a higher scope than ou. Ex.: google.com
    • c The country short code. Ex: For United States is "US"
  • alias Identifier of the app as an single entity inside the .keystore (it can have many)
  • keypass Password for protecting that specific alias.
  • keystore Path where the .keystore file shall be created (the standard extension is actually .ks)
  • storepass Password for protecting the whole .keystore content.
  • validity Amout of days the app will be valid with this .keystore
Source

Last edited:
Back