[IMPLEMENTED] Calendar events viewable by public

TD Perry

Would be nice if the calendar had an option to allow the public to be able to view the event entry.
That way, in a closed group, if that have an event that the public can attend/participate in (like a star party), it would show up in the Group page and visitors could see them.
The other events would still be group specific.

It supported now.

TruonglvThe ability to add is there when creating the event... the ability to view those events by guests/non-group users apparently is not working?
This is a test account that I have, and I went to the group after creating a test event, but the calendar does not show (only the About) and you don't see any events. The calendar is set as the default view for the groups.

Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 4.18.29 PM.webp

View previous replies…
The ability to add is there when creating the event... the ability to view those events by guests/non-group users apparently is not working?
This is a test account that I have, and I went to the group after creating a test event, but the calendar does not show (only the About) and you don't see any events. The calendar is set as the default view for the groups.

View attachment 6068
TD PerryBy now you can see the events from this page: https://nobita.me/group-actions/events

I will fix the events in the group soon

By now you can see the events from this page: https://nobita.me/group-actions/events

I will fix the events in the group soon
TruonglvThat's great for an "overall" calendar.... but the whole point was so that any guest/non group member entering into that area could see the public events specific to that group... not a calendar for all groups. I can see that would be a nightmare once you got beyond 20 groups or so that were making public events to keep up with ones of interest for you.
I do appreciate how responsive you are to suggestions... but sometimes us poor end users don't go entire adequate detail on how it should display, assuming that the developer will know what we are talking about. :p

That's great for an "overall" calendar.... but the whole point was so that any guest/non group member entering into that area could see the public events specific to that group... not a calendar for all groups. I can see that would be a nightmare once you got beyond 20 groups or so that were making public events to keep up with ones of interest for you.
I do appreciate how responsive you are to suggestions... but sometimes us poor end users don't go entire adequate detail on how it should display, assuming that the developer will know what we are talking about. :p
TD PerryI know the issues yet but I dont have much free time yet. I will much it changes when I have more time.

I know the issues yet but I dont have much free time yet. I will much it changes when I have more time.
TruonglvNo hurry... as long as it's being scheduled to be addressed is the main thing... moving forwards (even if at a slower pace) is always a good thing.
It's one of the reasons I like your and Bob's add-ons... you actually listen to your users, unlike the XenForo developers currently do.

This is an excellent suggestion! Having a way to designate certain calendar events as publicly viewable would be really useful for groups hosting open activities or events.calendar 2024 with holidays

As you said, it makes perfect sense for things like public star parties, lectures, classes etc. to be visible to non-members who might want to participate. While still keeping private group gatherings restricted.

I like that you propose keeping it as an optional toggle when creating an event. That way groups retain full control over what gets shared externally vs kept internally.

Features like this that improve organizing and promotion for club events are so valuable for community engagement. Great idea! I hope the team will consider implementing it. Being able to selectively showcase public calendar happenings would benefit many groups.

Appreciate you sharing this thoughtful suggestion to enhance calendar functionality. Let me know if you have any other ideas for improving the group tools!

Last edited:
Back