Anonymous Posting

Anonymous Posting [Paid] 2.1.5

PayPal: $30.00
For the last issue. Can you show me your analytics permission?

For the forum last post issue: Can you rebuild the forum caches and confirm it?

Ok rebuilding the forum cache seems to have fixed the issue for the forum index and What's New but still showing avatar and username in What
s New -> Latest Activity.

Here is the analytics for my test user "Dumbo Johnson" in my Anonymous forum-

vUlIDm9.png

Thank you, I appreciate the fact you have fixed these issues quickly, however after consideration and discussion with my users I don't think we are going to use the mod. The problem is fundamental to the implementation and from what I read I doubt is anything that can be "fixed." Unless and until a mod comes out that allows posts to be made by an actual user called "Anonymous" (an existing user on our forum) there is too much change the real identity of the post could leak out, if not now, in the future. So long as the posts are really by the user who made them and not by a seperate user than if the mod ever breaks due to an XF upgrade, needs to be removed, or otherwise has an issue the real poster's identities are in jeopardy. Even if I trust my current mods not to look up users by IP address what if someone accidentally moves an anonymous post or thread out of the anonymous forum? Another potential for a data leak.

Thank you again for the updates, i do appreciate them, but unfortunately I can't implement this on my site.

Thank you for feedback. I have found the another way to implement this now. This is complete anonymous even you remove this add-on.

That would be a terrific option, I would be very interested in testing it if you need any help, and look forward to a release if you choose to do so.

So had 1.0.5 installed for a bit and came across an issue when trying to navigate to different pages of threads in forums with dozens/hundreds of pages where you can click on the ",,," between the page numbers and manually enter a page number to go do. Doing so causes an error with this info in the server log:

• TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Truonglv\AnonymousPosting\Repository\ContentData::addUsersIntoThreads() must be an instance of XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection, null given, called in /home/zzzzzzz/public_html/src/addons/Truonglv/AnonymousPosting/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php on line 57
  • src/addons/Truonglv/AnonymousPosting/Repository/ContentData.php:95
  • Generated by: Max Power
  • Mar 22, 2019 at 1:58 PM

Stack Trace:

#0 src/addons/Truonglv/AnonymousPosting/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(57): Truonglv\AnonymousPosting\Repository\ContentData->addUsersIntoThreads(NULL)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): Truonglv\AnonymousPosting\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionForum(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Forum', 'Forum', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\AnonymousPosting\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\AnonymousPosting\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}

Request State:

array(4) {
["url"] => string(40) "/index.php?forums/general-amb.2/page-605"
["referrer"] => string(63) "https://zzzzzz.com/index.php?forums/general-amb.2/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["forums/general-amb_2/page-605"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Happened a number of times on a number of different forums. Went away as soon as this mod was disabled. Any ideas?

Back