Anonymous Posting

Anonymous Posting [Paid] 2.1.5

PayPal: $30.00
Hi, first timer here. I'm glad to see that you're responsive to peoples issues, but I still have some questions about your plugin before I purchase. The plugin description lacks some information

1) How does the anonymous random ID work? Does one user always have the same ID, or does a new one get randomly generated every time a user posts? In fact, what is the purpose of this anonymous ID?

2) How does a user anonymously post? Is there an option to post anonymously underneath the reply box? It looks like the bottom of your screenshot has an option to "Posting as Anonymous?" but it is cut off

3) In the event the plugin stopped working, or I uninstalled it, do the usernames behind anonymous posts become exposed? How does the anonymisation work in the database to prevent leaks?

4) Similarly, if the plugin was for example, abandoned, could another developer fix the plugin or create a new one that works with the anonymous data that your plugin created?

5) How do I as an admin see the username behind an anonymous post? Can I enable certain usergroups like moderators to also see the username behind the post?

6) Does the $30 price include future updates? Does it need any renewing?

7) Can the plugin also be installed in a private and password protected development/test forum?

8) Would this work on a pirate copy of XenForo (I have some issues with their ethics)

Sorry for the amount of questions, but this would be the most significant part of my forum and the only plugin I would use, so it has to be right for me.

Thanks!

Hi, first timer here. I'm glad to see that you're responsive to peoples issues, but I still have some questions about your plugin before I purchase. The plugin description lacks some information

1) How does the anonymous random ID work? Does one user always have the same ID, or does a new one get randomly generated every time a user posts? In fact, what is the purpose of this anonymous ID?

2) How does a user anonymously post? Is there an option to post anonymously underneath the reply box? It looks like the bottom of your screenshot has an option to "Posting as Anonymous?" but it is cut off

3) In the event the plugin stopped working, or I uninstalled it, do the usernames behind anonymous posts become exposed? How does the anonymisation work in the database to prevent leaks?

4) Similarly, if the plugin was for example, abandoned, could another developer fix the plugin or create a new one that works with the anonymous data that your plugin created?

5) How do I as an admin see the username behind an anonymous post? Can I enable certain usergroups like moderators to also see the username behind the post?

6) Does the $30 price include future updates? Does it need any renewing?

7) Can the plugin also be installed in a private and password protected development/test forum?

8) Would this work on a pirate copy of XenForo (I have some issues with their ethics)

Sorry for the amount of questions, but this would be the most significant part of my forum and the only plugin I would use, so it has to be right for me.

Thanks!
Lewis22851. It's random string and unique for each user in thread. User will get same ID for every post in same thread.
2. They must be check the box in the editor; otherwise, the post will be normally.
3. Posts were created by anonymous still being anonymous even disable / uninstall the add-on.
4. Yes.
5. Yes. With right permissions set, admin / moderator can see the real poster.
6. $30 for first 12 months and you will pay extra cost for renew your license.
7. Yes.
8. Yes.

1. It's random string and unique for each user in thread. User will get same ID for every post in same thread.
2. They must be check the box in the editor; otherwise, the post will be normally.
3. Posts were created by anonymous still being anonymous even disable / uninstall the add-on.
4. Yes.
5. Yes. With right permissions set, admin / moderator can see the real poster.
6. $30 for first 12 months and you will pay extra cost for renew your license.
7. Yes.
8. Yes.
TruonglvBrilliant, thanks for the clarifications. I have some further questions:

1) Does the random string carry across threads? I understand that one user posting in the same thread will be the same ID, but if that user then posts in another thread, is it the same ID or will it be different? (I think different is better so they can't be linked between different threads)

2) How would staff with correct permissions actually see the real poster? Does an icon become available, for example?

3) What is the renewal cost? I have read it may be 50%, right? Am I able to not renew, and then renew again later at the discount?

Thanks! :)

Brilliant, thanks for the clarifications. I have some further questions:

1) Does the random string carry across threads? I understand that one user posting in the same thread will be the same ID, but if that user then posts in another thread, is it the same ID or will it be different? (I think different is better so they can't be linked between different threads)

2) How would staff with correct permissions actually see the real poster? Does an icon become available, for example?

3) What is the renewal cost? I have read it may be 50%, right? Am I able to not renew, and then renew again later at the discount?

Thanks! :)
Lewis22851. Different in each threads
2. It display real name instead of anonymous name
3. Yes. You can renew anytime.

Hey, some final questions and I think I'm ready to buy.

1) The overview shows an option for "can view" - what does this refer to? Does it refer to if the user can see the 6 numbers/letters under the Anonymous name?

2) How does the content show to a mod if someone reports it?

3) If I change the theme, will I need to make any modifications to it, to add the "Post as Anonymous?" option, or does it stay there independant of theme?

4) Can I change the format of the 6 letters and numbers, even if that requires me to play around with some code? Seperately, can I remove "Anonymous" and ONLY show the 6 letters and numbers?

Thanks again!

Hey, some final questions and I think I'm ready to buy.

1) The overview shows an option for "can view" - what does this refer to? Does it refer to if the user can see the 6 numbers/letters under the Anonymous name?

2) How does the content show to a mod if someone reports it?

3) If I change the theme, will I need to make any modifications to it, to add the "Post as Anonymous?" option, or does it stay there independant of theme?

4) Can I change the format of the 6 letters and numbers, even if that requires me to play around with some code? Seperately, can I remove "Anonymous" and ONLY show the 6 letters and numbers?

Thanks again!
Lewis22851. View the real poster.
2. It's still show anonymous user.
3. It depends but it work almost theme.
4. No, you cannot.

Stack trace​

#0 src/XF.php(219): XF\Error->logError('Create record', false)
#1 src/addons/Truonglv/AnonymousPosting/XF/Entity/Post.php(202): XF::logError('Create record')
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1272): Truonglv\AnonymousPosting\XF\Entity\Post->_postSave()
#3 src/XF/Service/Thread/Replier.php(214): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#4 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(42): XF\Service\Thread\Replier->_save()
#5 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(607): XF\Service\Thread\Replier->save()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'AddReply', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XFES\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XFES\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#10 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')

hello bro,have this error

Truonglv

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "tap_has_anonymous" on null src/addons/Truonglv/AnonymousPosting/XF/Entity/Thread.php:140
Generated by: user Feb 27, 2023 at 6:05 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Truonglv/AnonymousPosting/XF/Entity/Thread.php(140): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', 's...', 140)
#1 src/XF.php(377): Truonglv\AnonymousPosting\XF\Entity\Thread->Truonglv\AnonymousPosting\XF\Entity\{closure}()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(158): XF::triggerRunOnce(true)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#4 src/XF/App.php(2483): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#5 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#6 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#7 {main}

Can you add feature so old threads/posts can be changed to anonymous? The addon currently only gives the anonymous option to posts as they are created.

Truonglv

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "tap_has_anonymous" on null src/addons/Truonglv/AnonymousPosting/XF/Entity/Thread.php:140
Generated by: user Feb 27, 2023 at 6:05 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Truonglv/AnonymousPosting/XF/Entity/Thread.php(140): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', 's...', 140)
#1 src/XF.php(377): Truonglv\AnonymousPosting\XF\Entity\Thread->Truonglv\AnonymousPosting\XF\Entity\{closure}()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(158): XF::triggerRunOnce(true)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#4 src/XF/App.php(2483): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#5 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#6 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#7 {main}

Can you add feature so old threads/posts can be changed to anonymous? The addon currently only gives the anonymous option to posts as they are created.
madness85It was fixed now.

Back