Social Groups (Teams)

Social Groups (Teams) [Paid] 2.9.1a

No permission to buy (0.00)
So - if I want to have a group with discussions that are not visible through forum view, I need to have them set up as secret groups. If I convert a group to secret status will their discussions be hidden automatically?

Closed groups discussions are visible to all users and guests through the forum view .

There's no way to disable access to the forum where discussions are stored?

If I convert a group to secret status will their discussions be hidden automatically?
jansluyup. and similar with closed group.

One more thing - can I as an admin change user's groups privacy? I don't see the option even though I gave administrative users all permissions available
Edit group.

NobitaThis is something that doesn't seem to work properly on my site. I am a superadmin, memeber of administrtive group, with all permissions set to allow. I can see the option for Edit group, but all I can see in the form is a category, name and description. Nothing else. This is for a group I don't belong to.

This is something that doesn't seem to work properly on my site. I am a superadmin, memeber of administrtive group, with all permissions set to allow. I can see the option for Edit group, but all I can see in the form is a category, name and description. Nothing else. This is for a group I don't belong to.
jansluYup. Currently. I did not design which allow admin edit more information yet. Just basic information of group.

OK - this would be very useful, especially now, after migration. I get a lot of requests for help setting things up properly, and it would be easier if I could edit settings for the users.

OK - this would be very useful, especially now, after migration. I get a lot of requests for help setting things up properly, and it would be easier if I could edit settings for the users.
jansluHave an trick. You should enable display privacy while adding/editing. Then you edit group you will see more information.

I have an option for:
Show privacy upon creating group
If enabled, the privacy of group will be shown while creating group

I have it enabled but privacy is not available to me as an admin when editing a group.

Just to sum things up. There was a misunderstanding on my part. Everything seems to be working great and threads ARE protected. I got screenshots from couple of users who discovered they can enter group threads through an associated forum url, but they were acessing threads of groups they were members of, and didn't state the fact clearly. So all in all - I am sorry for the urgent tone and not checking properly first.

The other thing is the inability to help my users because of a lack of adminitering tools for groups. This would be really helpful if I could change group settings in any way - either from the backend tools or using the frontend.

Just to sum things up. There was a misunderstanding on my part. Everything seems to be working great and threads ARE protected. I got screenshots from couple of users who discovered they can enter group threads through an associated forum url, but they were acessing threads of groups they were members of, and didn't state the fact clearly. So all in all - I am sorry for the urgent tone and not checking properly first.

The other thing is the inability to help my users because of a lack of adminitering tools for groups. This would be really helpful if I could change group settings in any way - either from the backend tools or using the frontend.
jansluOh. I have provide essential tools for admin. What is missing you think?

In the last two days I needed and couldn't:
- change privacy of groups for users - type of group and type of moderation,
- transfer group ownership (multiple old groups where the owner actually left forum but the group lives on),

All in all users are starting to like the new groups but the #1 complain they have is that they cannot have discussions as a default tab for a group, or as one of the first ones (always visible even on mobile).

In the last two days I needed and couldn't:
- change privacy of groups for users - type of group and type of moderation,
- transfer group ownership (multiple old groups where the owner actually left forum but the group lives on),

All in all users are starting to like the new groups but the #1 complain they have is that they cannot have discussions as a default tab for a group, or as one of the first ones (always visible even on mobile).
janslu#1: Is is missing. (Bug maybe)
#2, #3 is missing function. Someone here suggestion to me and I have plan to include it in the features.

Back