Social Groups (Teams)

Social Groups (Teams) [Paid] 2.9.1a

No permission to buy (0.00)
1. I already have 400 private groups moved from vBulletin
2. What is the point of having private / secret groups if they are visible to all anyway?
3. What does the option Discussion State for Group Secret do? I thought it Will make those discussion invisible in forum view for guests?

1. I already have 400 private groups moved from vBulletin
2. What is the point of having private / secret groups if they are visible to all anyway?
3. What does the option Discussion State for Group Secret do? I thought it Will make those discussion invisible in forum view for guests?
janslu
Group Privacy: Public, Closed và Secret. Each privacy option has its own settings.
  • Public Group:
    • Anyone can see the group
    • Anyone can see contents in the group
    • Shown in the group list
  • Closed Group:
    • Anyone can see the group
    • Only members can see contents in the group
    • Shown in the group list
  • Secret Group:
    • Only members and authorized users (set in User Group Permissions) can see the group and its content
    • Only authorized users (set in User Group Permissions) can create Secret Groups

OK, but from my users perspective it doesn't really matter- closed or secret - I get complains that their discussions, which are supposed to secret, no matter if the group is closed or secret, are all available through the forum and thread views. I have hidden the forum from the view on the forum index, but the complains keep coming. What about the option from 3. Question?

OK, but from my users perspective it doesn't really matter- closed or secret - I get complains that their discussions, which are supposed to secret, no matter if the group is closed or secret, are all available through the forum and thread views. I have hidden the forum from the view on the forum index, but the complains keep coming. What about the option from 3. Question?
jansluIt is depend to group Privacy. So if it is secret. Only member of group can see.

So - if I want to have a group with discussions that are not visible through forum view, I need to have them set up as secret groups. If I convert a group to secret status will their discussions be hidden automatically?

Closed groups discussions are visible to all users and guests through the forum view .

There's no way to disable access to the forum where discussions are stored?

If I convert a group to secret status will their discussions be hidden automatically?
jansluyup. and similar with closed group.

One more thing - can I as an admin change user's groups privacy? I don't see the option even though I gave administrative users all permissions available
Edit group.

yup. and similar with closed group.
Nobita
But you are talking about the group view, and I am talking about accessing discussions of closed/secret groups through the forum groups are assigned to. My users have a problem that discussions they thought are private, can be accessed through the forum.

But you are talking about the group view, and I am talking about accessing discussions of closed/secret groups through the forum groups are assigned to. My users have a problem that discussions they thought are private, can be accessed through the forum.
jansluNo. When you access outside of group. You will see the message become an member of group to see the content.

NobitaThis is something that doesn't seem to work properly on my site. I am a superadmin, memeber of administrtive group, with all permissions set to allow. I can see the option for Edit group, but all I can see in the form is a category, name and description. Nothing else. This is for a group I don't belong to.

This is something that doesn't seem to work properly on my site. I am a superadmin, memeber of administrtive group, with all permissions set to allow. I can see the option for Edit group, but all I can see in the form is a category, name and description. Nothing else. This is for a group I don't belong to.
jansluYup. Currently. I did not design which allow admin edit more information yet. Just basic information of group.

One more thing - can I as an admin change user's groups privacy? I don't see the option even though I gave administrative users all permissions available

Back