[NOT A BUG] XF 2.0.11 1.0.8 import from XF 1.5 group nodes still visible on main forum page

janslu

I am running test upgrades to finally upgrade my forum to XF 2.0. Earlier test on 1.0.7a were fine, but then tests on 1.0.7b and 1.0.8 seem to import content fine and without a problem, but I cannot get group nodes to disappear from forum homepage.

Here's my setup:

1. Archive group forums to node is set up to a specific node (it is a first one among "normal" nodes, sorting = 1):
Screenshot 2018-11-25 at 20.31.57.webp

This node has Display in the node list set to OFF

And my front page is still full of Groups forums...

No errors in the log...

Tried rebuilding forum cache, different groups cache, permissions cache etc. Nothing changes.

Any idea what could be a reason here?

Hi @janslu Does the forum "Grupy" hidden from node list? Also can you test with another add-on turn off?

Yes - The node is set up this way:

Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 15.24.44.webp

I have tried disabling addons using administrator page, but it didn't help. I am waiting for user cache rebuild at the moment (it will take 30 minutes on my developer box). Is it possible that one of the legacy addons is conflicting here? After disabling modern 2.0 addons what cache should I rebuild?

I have tried another import from XF 1.5. Step by step:
1. upgraded forum to XF 2.0.11
2. upgraded db to utf8mb4 using cli
3. upgraded Xf Media Gallery and XF Enhanced search
4. Installed the Social Groups add-on 1.0.8
5. Set the Archive group forums to a specific node as before
6. Ran the import process with no errors, BUT it seems that the last step fails as it shows 0 posts moved to threads:
Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 22.30.00.webp
There's no discussions in any of the groups, but number of threads is visible in stats:

Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 23.04.32.webp

Tried to rebuild forums, threads, groups etc. No change.

@truonglv you were right about the first issue. Forums show up on the forum list after I have installed ThemeHouse add-on [TH] Question & Answer Forums 1.0.9. This add-on modifies xf_post table. Here's my current xf_post structure:
SQL:
CREATE TABLE `xf_post` (
  `post_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `thread_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
  `user_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
  `username` varchar(50) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 NOT NULL,
  `post_date` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
  `message` mediumtext CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 NOT NULL,
  `ip_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  `message_state` enum('visible','moderated','deleted') CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'visible',
  `attach_count` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  `position` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
  `likes` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  `like_users` blob NOT NULL,
  `warning_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  `warning_message` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `last_edit_date` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  `last_edit_user_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  `edit_count` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  `ba_votes` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  `former_vb_thread_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  `embed_metadata` blob DEFAULT NULL,
  `th_best_answer_qaforum` tinyint(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  `th_points_qaforum` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  `th_up_votes_qaforum` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  `th_down_votes_qaforum` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  PRIMARY KEY (`post_id`),
  KEY `thread_id_post_date` (`thread_id`,`post_date`),
  KEY `thread_id_position` (`thread_id`,`position`),
  KEY `user_id` (`user_id`),
  KEY `post_date` (`post_date`),
  KEY `th_best_answer_qaforum` (`th_best_answer_qaforum`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=17406732 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_polish_ci;

Any idea how to fix this? Is this something you may be able to fix, or is it on their side?

@truonglv can you tell me what can be done to enable Social Groups working with Question & Answer Forums? ThemeHouse support is super slow from my experience, and if there's something needed from them, I need to know asap... If there's any way you can fix this on your own, that would be great.

As for the import thing - I made some other tests using also older versions and I just couldn't get them to work. What's interesting is that new groups may have new discussion threads added, but imported groups cannot. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

It's actually an bug from that add-on. Seem they has take all forums and display it. By default XF does not.

Back