No Thanks Verified groups functionality

Dadparvar

Hi,

As you know, in facebook or twitter some pages are tagged as verified:
1.gif 2.gif

It would be awesome if it was possible to mark groups as verified in groups add-on.
Because: for example in my site, some groups are created by users, but some of them are for firms and famous institute. So we should show which group is associated with firms and are official group of them in our site.

Regards

They will ask us (we have ticket system. And for those who haven't it, they can contact administrators)
Then we can verify them manually. (as we can feature them, we will have a more option to verify them)

mhm. That doesn't sound optimal to me as it creates unnecessary work. Not everyone has a ticket system. Would you like it to have a confirmation function in groups? It could work like this:
  1. Groups have a 'verify organization' link.
  2. Clicking this link brings up a popup where the user can fill in the organization website, email, contact name. The email domain and domain need to match. The user fills this in and submits.
  3. A confirmation email is sent to the email address.
  4. Once verified the verification goes to the moderation queue and can be approved by staff.
  5. The group shows a verified banner.
Just an example of how it could work.

mhm. That doesn't sound optimal to me as it creates unnecessary work. Not everyone has a ticket system. Would you like it to have a confirmation function in groups? It could work like this:
  1. Groups have a 'verify organization' link.
  2. Clicking this link brings up a popup where the user can fill in the organization website, email, contact name. The email domain and domain need to match. The user fills this in and submits.
  3. A confirmation email is sent to the email address.
  4. Once verified the verification goes to the moderation queue and can be approved by staff.
  5. The group shows a verified banner.
Just an example of how it could work.
alfa1That sounds more great.
The main functionality is what is done in fb or twitter. Now it can be done in different ways. Mine is manually and simple, and yours is automated and of course better.

Hope one day this be implemented.

We have this functionality in our site for user accounts and would be nice if we could have it for groups:
GIF.gif

Verify user can easy because have needed information. But with group does not.

Back