Not a Bug Vbulletin Social Groups import not importing messages

Mtor

Hi,

As requested on xf.com, I am opening a ticket here for my customer (website : apug.org).

I have tried using the web browser importer but two things are odd:
  • You are not requesting to input the archived log import table name (like we are asked for the vbgallery import), which doesn't seem logical as you need it to know the link between old user and new user.
  • All steps seemed to went fine except the import threads one (ie. messages).

I am not using the CLI importer as it lacks of compatibility IMO (not your part, the whole importer in fact).

Please guide me through fixes to that.

Thank you,
Clément

No I didn't as it was unclear to me what it is meaning.

Can you clarify ?

Btw what about the fact that you don't get the table of the forum import? You know that useris could change when importing over existing board ?

Clement

Oh ok I see for the mapping.

Regarding the forum associate what is it used for ? I shall just select a single forum and voila ?

Thanks Nobita that worked like a charm :)

@alfa1 : not yet figured out, will perhaps do a redirect script, but my customer is not necessarly against a loss of redirection for that so all depends wether I come to a solution fast or not.

Thanks Nobita that worked like a charm :)

@alfa1 : not yet figured out, will perhaps do a redirect script, but my customer is not necessarly against a loss of redirection for that so all depends wether I come to a solution fast or not.
MtorI will learn myself then make it into product :)

MtorIf your customer doesn't mind their google ranking damaged... Many people do not realize the damage from inbound and internal dead links on SEO.
I will learn myself then make it into product :)
Thats great. Many will use it.

Back