Not a Bug Unable to move group forum

Macseah

@Nobita As group owners they are unable to move thread from one section to another within the group. When you click move thread, it only allow you to move to my main forum and not within the group forums itself.

Why is it so? and is this consider a bug?

1) When in the thread itself, selecting move thread makes the thread move from the Groups forum to the main external forum. This should not be so. Groups move thread problem 2.PNG

2) As the super admin, I have the permissions to move threads from one Group node to another Group node within the same group. But my Group owners are unable to do so.
Groups move thread problem 1.PNG

3) This is what my Group owners see, and why they are unable to move threads to other forums within their own group.
Groups move thread problem 3.PNG

Please assist. Kindly looking for you help.

Last edited:
Threads belong to group only move in same groups.

Threads belong to group only move in same groups.
NobitaExacty but it is not working.

And secondly group owners are able to edit others' posts but not their own. There is no edit button when group owner wishes to edit their own post. The only way to allow them to edit their post is to enable moderator permission in usergroup which means they are able to edit every one else's posts, a big nono.

Lastly, I can't seems to increase the maximum letters allowed for mass alert, groups owners can only put up to 20 letters which is too short for a proper notification to owners.

What can be done?

Last edited:
This definitely IS A BUG.... "Move" post/thread in inline-moderation and thread moderation does NOT show any forums of the group the forum is in, but instead shows ALL other forums of the whole board. As admin I can move the post/thread to any forum on the board, but then not back to the group.

Bug Summary
  1. The (other) group forums are not listed in the pulldown selection
  2. All other (non-group) forums are listed
So it should be
  1. ...only listing the real group forums to group admins
  2. ...showing all board forums to board admins, including all group forums (ordered listing)

...showing all board forums to board admins, including all group forums (ordered listing)
FreelancerThis feature. You might use the feature i implemented before 'Move Thread to Group'.

Anyway. Fixed the bugs from #1.

Another one you have yet to respond. How come as group owner I can't edit my post on wall? I can only edit others.

@Nobita , unfortunately, I'm still not able to move threads in the Groups. Please take a look at the attached screenshot.
Groups move thread problem 4.PNG
When select destination forum, no options are shown even though this group forum has more than 1 node.

Looking forward to your reply on this. Thanks @Nobita

@Nobita , unfortunately, I'm still not able to move threads in the Groups. Please take a look at the attached screenshot.
View attachment 1779
When select destination forum, no options are shown even though this group forum has more than 1 node.

MacseahDo you have permission 'Move Thread'?

View attachment 1779

MacseahUpload this file to. library/Nobita/Teams/XenForo/ControllerPublic.

Does it fixed your issues?

Attachments

• Thread.php.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 1
Back