Fixed Time Zone for Events Doesn't Work Correctly

Ryan Nielson

I entered an event scheduled to start 14 Oct at 9PM Central Time.

opP8R.jpg

After creating the event, the event detail view shows 9 PM Eastern Time (should have adjusted for 2 hour time difference if converting to Eastern).

i1xmC.jpg

I then clicked on Today's Events in the Group, and the time appears to be displayed in another time zone (not sure which).

cUsUA.jpg

What would make sense is if the time zone selected for the event was either converted to the guest time zone specified in the Xenforo settings, or to the user's time zone. Maybe that was the intent to begin with, which is why I'm reporting this as a bug.

I have the same issue as you. Mine always seem to be a few hours off when using the widget. However, in the actual event the times show up correctly. The default board time is set correctly as well.

I have the same issue as you. Mine always seem to be a few hours off when using the widget. However, in the actual event the times show up correctly. The default board time is set correctly as well.
Jonathan CalouroI have a staff member that found that by entering all times in UTC -0, the time displays correctly in the end, but that is hardly a long term solution and makes the feature unusable to most community members. So, it seems that the initial time zone selection is not working correctly.

Are you having the same thing though when you open up the actual event the time seems to be correct?

Are you having the same thing though when you open up the actual event the time seems to be correct?
Jonathan Calouroyep. Here is what it looks like with the thread open. It matches the time that I selected when creating the event.
ptAoX.jpg

This is the same even in list view (4 hour discrepency). Maybe this has something to do with conversions the program is making between UTC and other time zones, or how it is using the server hardware clock. I don't know
ynieE.jpg

Then when I click to edit the event, the time selection resets to 12 AM. Not a big deal, but the user has to enter the times again or they will mess up their event.
ebyuw.jpg

@Nobita any idea what is causing this and is this a confirmed bug that will be fixed soon?

Oh. I did not have free time to look up this bug. I will fix when I have free time :)

Fixed. The query issues. :)

Back