No Thanks Synch with ical (Import events)

alfa1

Many sites provide interesting events that I would like to have automatically added to my calendar. These sites all provide a ical (.ics) file that can be synched.
Please add support for this.

I imagine this as a function that allows the group admin to add urls to .ics files on other sites.

The other suggestion is to export to ical. i.e. have a button that lets the reader export events to his calendar on his phone or computer.

This suggestion is to import or continuously synch ical events on other websites with the calendar in the group. Big difference.
For example if the group is about Tesla cars, then the group admin can setup a synch with the calendar of the Tesla website. This will automatically import all future events that Tesla adds to their calendar and these will continuously be added to the group calendar.

The other suggestion is to export to ical. i.e. have a button that lets the reader export events to his calendar on his phone or computer.

This suggestion is to import or continuously synch ical events on other websites with the calendar in the group. Big difference.
For example if the group is about Tesla cars, then the group admin can setup a synch with the calendar of the Tesla website. This will automatically import all future events that Tesla adds to their calendar and these will continuously be added to the group calendar.
alfa1Oh yeah!

Sorry for misunderstanding.

Nice feature will be.

I won't implement the feature automatic import events. But in 2.6.0 i have allow users manual import event from icalendar format. So if you want to automatic sync between sites, you might need custom add-on.

Back