No Thanks Staff forum node

I wonder how this works in 2.5.0
Can we set a group node to group staff only?

Did you see the Role Forum Permission?
NobitaI thinks Alfa means he wants to be able to limit special forums in groups to be seen just by staffs.
This can be reach while creating a new forum for group, and set it to be able to use by public, members, staffs only.

Hi Nobita,

I will explain. When a group is large, with many members, many staff members and a lot of discussions, then the group staff need a private place to discuss staff matters. A forum where they can discuss:
  • member problems. (most boards use 1 thread per member)
  • ban list
  • group improvements
  • staff projects
  • staff actions
  • day to day discussions (staff check-in)
  • etc
An active group needs dozens of threads in a private staff area.

Please consider to add a solution for this. I think it would be very useful. Many would use this.

Hi Nobita,

I will explain. When a group is large, with many members, many staff members and a lot of discussions, then the group staff need a private place to discuss staff matters. A forum where they can discuss:
  • member problems. (most boards use 1 thread per member)
  • ban list
  • group improvements
  • staff projects
  • staff actions
  • day to day discussions (staff check-in)
  • etc
An active group needs dozens of threads in a private staff area.

Please consider to add a solution for this. I think it would be very useful. Many would use this.
alfa1So staff wall or group walls not really important in this case?

So staff wall or group walls not really important in this case?
NobitaIndeed. It needs a forum node for group staff only.

Now that you have added group forum nodes (thanks again!) I am sure that social groups will become very big and popular like sub-Reddit.
Its not possible to manage large groups without a staff zone. A staff forum node would make it possible to manage large groups.

I agree with @alfa1
Being able to have private forums for staffs in groups is something that really can help staff improve the group.
And staff posts in walls can't replace it.

Back