Implemented Secret Groups have member invitations disabled

I don`t use secret Groups, so for me it doesn`t matter - so it is up to you.
Just wanted to try to explain you what @alfa1 wanted to tell you.

I know that the Content of a closed Group is still, secret, but the closed Group is visible in the Grid.

So whats more secret :D
  • an Invitation to 2 friends in the board
  • a closed Group in the grid which all 100 members can see?
You always have to think about the workflow of the plugin.
Not all members of a Forum using your Groups Plugin are so smart like we are ;)
I know, that it is hard as developer to bring yourself into the Position of "just" an user.
A user always should be able to use your plugin without reading a 10 page Manual before,...

Erich

I don`t use secret Groups, so for me it doesn`t matter - so it is up to you.
Just wanted to try to explain you what @alfa1 wanted to tell you.

I know that the Content of a closed Group is still, secret, but the closed Group is visible in the Grid.

So whats more secret :D
  • an Invitation to 2 friends in the board
  • a closed Group in the grid which all 100 members can see?
You always have to think about the workflow of the plugin.
Not all members of a Forum using your Groups Plugin are so smart like we are ;)
I know, that it is hard as developer to bring yourself into the Position of "just" an user.
A user always should be able to use your plugin without reading a 10 page Manual before,...

Erich
ericheI think if the group is secret. Maybe only the way to Add People instead of Invation!

I have a secret group in Facebook. this is the link: SoeHoe Markets
You can not see the group, you can not search it too. You may think that this group is not exist. But see the screen shoot below, i am in the group. I can see the group because i am a member of that group.

Why do i create a secret group?
Because I don't want to let people know who are in it. It is a paid group. But i still could add new member to the group.

If it is secret then how do people know about the group?
Of course i advertise it. I have a closed group, it is free. Also I have a website to promote the paid group. So, we are using Facebook group just like a secret discussion board. That is i hope will happen with Xenforo by your Add On.

PxhZPCq.png

You may have a different idea then Facebook group, but you may consider their way:

FB Open Group:
-Anyone may see their discussions, but cant reply until become a member.
-Anyone can see who are in it, and who are the staffs/admins

FB Close Group:
-Discussions are hidden from public, only member may see/reply the discussions.
-Anyone can see who are in it, and who are the staffs/admins

FB Secret Group:
-Discussion hidden from public, only member may see/reply the discussion.
-Only member can see who are in it, and who are the staffs/admins

I think if the group is secret. Maybe only the way to Add People instead of Invation!
NobitaYeah, it is good. "Invitation" means that member candidate need an approval, while "Add" means without approval.

Thank you @Nobita

I dont care much because I don't think i will use secret groups. I can see the logic in not inviting users to secret groups because the invited member will not see the group they are invited to. But that can be resolved by explaining it is a secret invisible group.

Back