[NOT A BUG] Question about user group promotions

Finexes

Hi there,

first of all, this a fantastic add-on!
We're using groups as a "team add-on" to organise our esport teams, so every team has its own group. Depending on their team, every user gets a seperate usergoup: To make this work, we used XenForo's built in user group promotions system. This is working perfectly, but I noticed, that users don't get demoted, when they are removed from a group. I waited a few hours as I thought, that there may be a cron entry I have to wait to complete, but that's not the case.

When I understand XenForo's user group promotions correctly, a user gets promoted as soon as the criteria is met (in this case: If user is member of group with the specified id, execute the promotion). On the other hand, if the criteria is not met anymore, demote the user (in this case: If user is no longer a member of group with the specified id, undo the promotion/demote).

Am I missing something, is there anything not set up correctly or is this maybe a bug in the add-on?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards

Yes, it does. Promoting works properly, but when users leave a group or get removed from a group, the additional usergroup won't get revoked.

I have tested and it works fine. Can you post your criteria here?

Back