[FIXED] Privacy issue for closed groups - Social Groups 3.3.1

stevePrep

Hello,

We have noticed that links to closed group postings (and the first few lines of the post) are appearing on public xenForo profile pages (on the Postings tab). We understand that users can hide their profiles in xenForo privacy settings but many users don't do this or don't know how to. Considering that the definition of a closed group is 'Anyone can find the group. Only members of the group have permission to view group content.', I regard this as quite a serious bug because most users won't be aware of this and they could be unwittingly revealing sensitive information.

I can't find any settings to override this behaviour but due to the definition of a closed group it shouldn't be doing this anyway.

Can you have a look at this please?

If you click on your Postings tab, there is an example of a closed group post appearing. This is what we are seeing on our site as well.

1679383122555.webp

Is there a fix for this? We have members of closed groups complaining that parts of their supposed 'closed group' posts are visible to all, even those not logged in. This is a serious privacy issue and I am amazed that this is the default setting. I cannot find a way to change this, as the OP also found.

Is there a fix for this? We have members of closed groups complaining that parts of their supposed 'closed group' posts are visible to all, even those not logged in. This is a serious privacy issue and I am amazed that this is the default setting. I cannot find a way to change this, as the OP also found.
Chris GalvinSure. It will be fixed soon.

Back