Not a Bug Please enter message no more than 255 characters

SoeHoe

You maybe for got to make this limitation applied automatically in message field.

Since you limit the maximum characters in the message field, then IMHO, you have to limit it automatically at the comment field by don't allow user to type more characters. You maybe show counter down below the comment field, so that user aware about that limitation of characters. Of course you know what is the best way to implemented it

XPBAy5w.png

Reactions: RvG
What is message type? Comment, Posts or something?

What is message type? Comment, Posts or something?
NobitaThe error message appear related to this comment box :
pbeU7GI.png

since it says 255 characters, maybe the problem comes from data type of database which is set as varchar rather than as text. maybe :)

The error message appear related to this comment box :
pbeU7GI.png

since it says 255 characters, maybe the problem comes from data type of database which is set as varchar rather than as text. maybe :)
SoeHoeHave you increase the option value: Comment message length?

@Nobita it is happen in your forum. in this forum, not in my side. I just testing your group features, and i found it.

I have not install it in my forum, i am still waiting the next release (2.2.3).

@Nobita it is happen in your forum. in this forum, not in my side. I just testing your group features, and i found it.

I have not install it in my forum, i am still waiting the next release (2.2.3).
SoeHoeIm limited 255 characters on my site so its not a bug :)

Im limited 255 characters on my site so its not a bug :)
Nobitait is may not a bug but it has to be fixed. Because no warning before we submit the comment. if there is a limitation in characters then the limitation should be implemented to the text box also, so that the user may know how many characters allowed in that box. It will be better if it is possible to count down the characters when user is typing, as seen in this picture below:

there are 48 characters remain in space :)
bZg0YYM.png

Thank you @Nobita :) Fixed!

YBmtyYl.png

It is even better if you could make the text box size is responsive and Post Comment button move below the text box.

Back