[FIXED] Paging problems and reported issues

janslu

Hi,
I have opened a beta to my users, and I already got my first feedback:

1. Refreshing the thread (pull to refresh) moves you back to page number one. It shouldn't. I have users using threads kinda like a chat - with frequent posts and all they want is to refresh to check if there are any new replies on the same page they already are. Same goes to conversations! I consider this Very important priority, as it highly impedes my users. I was even thinking of pulling UP on the last post to check if there are new posts available. Would this be doable?

2. At least on an iPhone if you enter to a long thread using a notification about a post reply/reaction - you cannot change the page. Buttons are visible on the bottom of the screen, but they do not cause any change, you can only go back to previous screen. This is Very important also, as it hits the most active users.

3. They want to have other reactions than likes also available, preferably with icons and numbers aside (Facebook being an inspiration)... This is not a high priority issue.

1. Yes. It's doable.
  2. Will fix soon.
  3. Currently has support 5 reactions. It is need a change?

1. & 2. great.
3. After. I read your reply I realised that you can long press Like to reveal the reactions menu. I missed this completely 🤦‍♂️

I have also gathered a little more feedback:

4. Images being "cut off from right" cause users complaint a lot (most testers agree that it "looks bad").

5. Watched threads should be accessible from start screen.

6. Few complain of crashes and it seems that this might be what I seen in Crashes tab in Play Store. How should I report these kind of errors?

Code:
com.facebook.react.bridge.JSApplicationIllegalArgumentException: Error while updating property 'source' of a view managed by: FastImageView
FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: pl.babyboom.forum, PID: 19339
com.facebook.react.bridge.JSApplicationIllegalArgumentException: Error while updating property 'source' of a view managed by: FastImageView
  at com.facebook.react.uimanager.ViewManagersPropertyCache$PropSetter.updateViewProp(ViewManagersPropertyCache.java:98)
  at com.facebook.react.uimanager.ViewManagerPropertyUpdater$FallbackViewManagerSetter.setProperty(ViewManagerPropertyUpdater.java:134)
  at com.facebook.react.uimanager.ViewManagerPropertyUpdater.updateProps(ViewManagerPropertyUpdater.java:54)
  at com.facebook.react.uimanager.ViewManager.updateProperties(ViewManager.java:48)
  at com.facebook.react.uimanager.NativeViewHierarchyManager.createView(NativeViewHierarchyManager.java:278)
  at com.facebook.react.uimanager.UIViewOperationQueue$CreateViewOperation.execute(UIViewOperationQueue.java:179)
  at com.facebook.react.uimanager.UIViewOperationQueue$DispatchUIFrameCallback.dispatchPendingNonBatchedOperations(UIViewOperationQueue.java:972)
  at com.facebook.react.uimanager.UIViewOperationQueue$DispatchUIFrameCallback.doFrameGuarded(UIViewOperationQueue.java:943)
  at com.facebook.react.uimanager.GuardedFrameCallback.doFrame(GuardedFrameCallback.java:28)
  at com.facebook.react.modules.core.ReactChoreographer$ReactChoreographerDispatcher.doFrame(ReactChoreographer.java:174)
  at com.facebook.react.modules.core.ChoreographerCompat$FrameCallback$1.doFrame(ChoreographerCompat.java:84)
  at android.view.Choreographer$CallbackRecord.run(Choreographer.java:964)
  at android.view.Choreographer.doCallbacks(Choreographer.java:778)
  at android.view.Choreographer.doFrame(Choreographer.java:710)
  at android.view.Choreographer$FrameDisplayEventReceiver.run(Choreographer.java:952)
  at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:789)
  at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:98)
  at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:251)
  at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6572)
  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
  at com.android.internal.os.Zygote$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Zygote.java:240)
  at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:767)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
  at com.facebook.react.uimanager.ViewManagersPropertyCache$PropSetter.updateViewProp(ViewManagersPropertyCache.java:83)
  ... 21 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Must not be null or empty
  at com.bumptech.glide.util.Preconditions.checkNotEmpty(Preconditions.java:39)
  at com.bumptech.glide.load.model.GlideUrl.<init>(GlideUrl.java:57)
  at com.dylanvann.fastimage.FastImageSource.getGlideUrl(FastImageSource.java:110)
  at com.dylanvann.fastimage.FastImageViewManager.setSrc(FastImageViewManager.java:75)

There's an option do download logcat.txt but there's also a video from google's internal tests:
video.mp4

Look like there are some invalid URL from response. I will test with your api soon.

Let me know if you need anything.

Users complement that the UI is clear and uncluttered ("apart from images") and that they generally like the app, and would use it, provided that the crashes and paging issues are fixed. They also like the editor :)

One person asks about a dark theme - apparently she's using the forum while putting her baby to sleep and dark mode is important :)

Yes. Dark mode so important in app now. Once I complete build UI and core I will make dark mode soon.

One more reported issue - I'll add here if it is ok.

7. One user on Android 7.0 receives an error No internet connection on launching the app even though she is connected to WiFi and has mobile data plan enabled (and no problems accessing internet in other apps). Any idea on what this could be about? I have checked the ssl part and Android 7 connects without a problem...

One more reported issue - I'll add here if it is ok.

7. One user on Android 7.0 receives an error No internet connection on launching the app even though she is connected to WiFi and has mobile data plan enabled (and no problems accessing internet in other apps). Any idea on what this could be about? I have checked the ssl part and Android 7 connects without a problem...
janslu
Does she block app internet connection? (App permissions in android)

Back