[FIXED] Paging problems and reported issues

janslu

Hi,
I have opened a beta to my users, and I already got my first feedback:

1. Refreshing the thread (pull to refresh) moves you back to page number one. It shouldn't. I have users using threads kinda like a chat - with frequent posts and all they want is to refresh to check if there are any new replies on the same page they already are. Same goes to conversations! I consider this Very important priority, as it highly impedes my users. I was even thinking of pulling UP on the last post to check if there are new posts available. Would this be doable?

2. At least on an iPhone if you enter to a long thread using a notification about a post reply/reaction - you cannot change the page. Buttons are visible on the bottom of the screen, but they do not cause any change, you can only go back to previous screen. This is Very important also, as it hits the most active users.

3. They want to have other reactions than likes also available, preferably with icons and numbers aside (Facebook being an inspiration)... This is not a high priority issue.

Also I've been finally playing with a phone with a narrow screen (Android 6.0 phone with 720px width screen) because I was wondering what users mean by cropped avatars. I have attached the result. I guess it's the polish language word lengths. I will use abbreviations in my next translation file to shorten the length of strings like Odwiedzin and Odpowiedzi...
IMG_8147.webp

Another issue caused by this is a thread view with date being outside of the view, like here:

IMG_8148.webp

This also may be caused by the length of Odpowiedz, what do you think?

Truonglv I have a way to reproduce the crash on Android (at least on my own old Android 6.0 based device). If you go on my forum app through -> Browse Forums (main menu folder icon) -> 2nd forum (Fora eksperckie...) -> 1st forum (BB położna radzi....) -> 1st thread (3 foteliki) it always crashes.

So when entering specific thread. It's crashing? Today I have some android users also feedback that. Look like app crash in specific HTML (already fixed).

Yes. It crashes on entering a specific thread. I don't know if it's the same problem affecting some of my users. I have couple of users complaining that the app crashes on initial load (opening the "home page"). This seems to be listed on Play Store as:
Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 10.30.47.webp

Back