No "Group Initiation" thread anymore?

Freelancer

Did I miss this: Is it correct that there is no function anymore that creates a discussion thread once a group is initiated/created? :eek:

Sorry. I have drop support that features in 1.5.x. We have an forums so no need that anymore.

Please reconsider that. Just for the following reasons:
  1. XF Resource Manager creates a thread for new Resources.
  2. ThirdParty Add-ons like Showcase and AMS create threads for new Items/Articles.
  3. It is basically used to be posted in an "Announcement" Forum to announce new things in the Forum.
  4. It helps users to ask questions about the group and discuss the whereabouts.
For the sake of Consistency and because certain member groups can create new Social Groups, I ask you please to bring that functionality back.
Since it was optional from the beginning, anyone who is bothered by this can just ignore that feature, but for consistency I need it in my forum and it has been there before, so just adding it back (including thread prefixes) will not be a huge issue I presume.

Last edited:
It can be useful.
Mostly if the auto created thread upon creation of group contains this info in it:
  • Creator's name
  • group name
  • category
  • tag line
  • rules
Hope to see it in future. Of course as an option. So that we be able to disable it when we want. and also per category base. Because some categories are in a way that we don't want to have an auto created thread on group creation in them.

Thanks

Let me add that this should only be for public and closed groups. Secret groups should not be announced in a thread of course.

Then. Why you take much more money ($69) to take add-on which similar to another? For mine. I am not.

:D
Round 2 => Fight! :D
OMG. Funny discussion.

That was nice feature, although I didn't use it and deactivated it when it was in add-on, but its clear that it is a useful feature and lots of people will like to use it and We also may use it in future.

If @Nobita you think it would be useful, spend some time to bring it back to add-on and if you think its not good, leave it as it is. (but if you found free time, it would be appreciated if you bring it back :p)

Back