Nice advancement but a few things are disappointing

Freelancer

Please do not take this as an offense, I totally appreciate all your add-ons and work @Nobita, but here is my "Customer Feedback" with constructive criticism on parts of the design policies.

I totally like the advancement of the add-on – it becomes more neat and clean, less hiccups, more straight forward concept and it is great that the language phrases were "overhauled", so all in all a good choice.

What I try to criticize constructively is the change of design which is like a rollercoaster for me since I am a designer and I dont just take every add-ons for granted, I severely customize them.

So experiencing that the layout orients more towards Google than XF Core, makes a lot of more work (again) to adapt the layout. It might be good for light styles, but as soon as your customers have totally different colors they need to customize it a lot.

The choice for another icon fontset other than FontAwesome might be comprehensible and is of course the Author's free choice, but considering that 90% of XF Core and add-ons use FA as standard, leaves another oddity to what is common.

Popup menues entirely leave XF Core classes and are Google but not XF and this add-on is made for XF and not Google.

I now have to customize all (again), adapt menus to XF again, change all icons to FontAwesome again (because my board uses them) and I hope it was for the last time, because I do not appreciate this "in & out" feature policy.

Again, no personal offense, I totally love this add-on and your creativity in making add-ons. You have this drive and energy and you are fast, but please reconsider the policies on leaving features for future upgrades and I will support you with money and bug analysis.

Last edited:
I know that. As I said before. 2.5.0 has big changes. From core and design. So it is break all custom from other. It is cannot prevent. As XenForo 2.0 will break almost add-ons and maybe styles as well. I am not an designer so my add-on not professional with design but have powerfull core functions.

I have watching Google Material Design and it make me easy to use and layout also easy to using. So I have decide to use it. As you know the layout of version 2.4.6 or lower is terrible :)

After all. I am so sorry about that.

Maybe its an idea to make it easy for customers who want to stay close to XenForo layout and Font-Awesome.
It would be nice to have some settings to use square avatars, font-awesome, re-use XF style properties. This way we do not have to do a lot with upgrades.

Maybe its an idea to make it easy for customers who want to stay close to XenForo layout and Font-Awesome.
It would be nice to have some settings to use square avatars, font-awesome, re-use XF style properties. This way we do not have to do a lot with upgrades.
alfa1Plan in build 2.5.1 :) But still drop support Font Awesome :)

After an entire day of customization I am through. Again, it is a major step ahead. I really like how it is now. The wall is very great. From my perspective you can leave the design untouched now and just focus on features (and debugging).

Back