[NOT A BUG] News feed takes you to members list; nothing goes to 'news feed' SG2.0.4 on XF2.1.1

chernabog

I noticed that whenever you click on news feed in a group (I may have changed the name it could have been just the wall or what have you) nothing happens and it simply goes to members.

Is there a fix for this or is it a known challenge?

Thanks!

No on your site it works. Do I need another add-on to made newsfeed work? I thought the wall add on was added into the most recent Social Groups release. On your site newsfeed work as expected on mine it just goes directly to members instead.

Does you use add-on Social Group Wall? I guess it's not supported by latest version.

No, I took it out because I thought in a previous post on the releases that you said news feeds were built in now and would not require the social group wall add-on. I could find it and download it again and try.. but.... ??

Actually as an important side note since social group wall is NOT installed and if your version of SG doesn't have it as standard - than why is news feed showing in the list of group menu items?

Truonglv any updates on the newsfeed challenge I am having? Its still just sitting there as a navigation option in the groups and still just going to the group members list; even after the most recent update. :(

Okay it seems I am an idiot.. I re-installed the wall add-on and then it still did not work. I went to options and changed the groups default page from members to newsfeed and it works... don't know exactly why the default page mattered BUT it works..Im happy lol

okay last back to back post for the day.... I see walls has the option to allow the group owner to make categories for wall/newsfeed post..i dont see where in the group that ability to create individual categories exists.. can you give me a clue? :) Thanks Truonglv

OKAY.... so it seems, Tru, that the challenge was not having social wall 1.4 installed or not -- because I uninstalled it again and the news feeds STILL work -- but it seems when I set my default landing navigation for the group to something other than news feed - that is when news feed breaks.

So long story short - it works. YAY! :p

My only question now is I do not see a way to 'sticky' news feed posts... am I missing it? Not impossible, I can be slow at times. 😍

Last edited:
Back