[FIXED] News Feed ignores attachment permissions

Brettflan

I've found that people have the ability to attach files in social group News Feed sections, regardless of whether that person has permission to post attachments. I've ended up working around this using template modifications to remove that option from a couple of templates (tlg_comment_edit and tlg_group_view).

EDIT:
This is with Social Groups 2.1.4 in XenForo v2.1.6 Patch 1.

Last edited:
Our basic "Registered" user group has no permissions related to uploading attachments. Not "Upload attachments to posts" or "Upload videos to posts" under "Forum permissions", and not "Upload attachments to conversations" or "Upload videos to conversations" under "Conversation permissions".
Even so, the "Attach files" button shows up when they go to post to the News Feed in a social group. It works, too, allowing them to upload attachments.

There of course aren't any permissions for the Social Groups addon directly related to uploading attachments.

That's fine, but we don't want our regular members posting attachments anywhere. If you don't want to use base permissions, can you add ones specific to this addon?

I can use template modifications to disable that functionality for my forum, but I think others who don't want everyone to be able to upload attachments and who don't know how to use template modifications would appreciate it.

Back