[NOT A BUG] Media

@truonglv I have not noticed an issue or challenge with adding media. It seems to allow you to add media which is first creates as part of the new album, from there it seems to allow you to add additional media - but I will test also and provide feedback.

There is however a potential bug I have found, we can see if anyone else chimes in, I'll do some further user testing --> but any media uploaded by the group especially one that is private or hidden should not appear visible in the XenMedia gallery and it does, from what I have seen.

In the XF1 version, we were able to declare what category was to house all Social Groups media files and then we could choose to hide that gallery from public view. In this view that option does not exist and I am concerned that uploaded media files from private or secret groups will display (as they have from my testing) to anyone with the ability to view the XF Media Gallery add-on.

Thank you!

There are no option like xf 1 version. Now each group will use the albums for media

There are no option like xf 1 version. Now each group will use the albums for media
truonglv
but how do we solve the potential problem of non-group members seeing the images that are uploaded to a group? Not everyone is going to think "let me run back to my media album and change its permissions" -- if that is required, perhaps that can become a built in phrase to warn people when uploading media to check the privacy of the album they are creating?

but how do we solve the potential problem of non-group members seeing the images that are uploaded to a group? Not everyone is going to think "let me run back to my media album and change its permissions" -- if that is required, perhaps that can become a built in phrase to warn people when uploading media to check the privacy of the album they are creating?
chernabogAlbum are depend to group privacy. What is your group privacy?

Hello @chernabog . Do you still have this issues?

oops sorry I was referring to discussion forums in groups... on Media Gallery I will need to re-test...but this group is private.

@truonglv this is something that seems to be popping up a lot though:

Code:
    InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'user_id' on Truonglv\Groups:Group[2] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:182

Generated by: Karmageddon Nov 23, 2018 at 2:36 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(95): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('user_id')
#1 src/addons/DBTech/Credits/XF/Repository/Tag.php(54): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__get('user_id')
#2 src/XF/Repository/Tag.php(385): DBTech\Credits\XF\Repository\Tag->addTagIdsToContent(Array, 'tl_group', 2, 1543001816, false, 163)
#3 src/XF/Service/Tag/Changer.php(256): XF\Repository\Tag->modifyContentTags('tl_group', 2, Array, Array)
#4 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Service/Group/Preparer.php(124): XF\Service\Tag\Changer->save()
#5 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Service/Group/Creator.php(102): Truonglv\Groups\Service\Group\Preparer->afterInsert()
#6 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(40): Truonglv\Groups\Service\Group\Creator->_save()
#7 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Pub/Controller/Category.php(77): Truonglv\Groups\Service\Group\Creator->save()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Category->actionAdd(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Truonglv\\Groups...', 'Add', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'tl_groups', Object(Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Category), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#11 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(28) "/guilds/categories/pvm.5/add"
  ["referrer"] => string(48) "https://titanx.games/guilds/categories/pvm.5/add"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(11) {
    ["name"] => string(12) "Soul Reapers"
    ["short_description"] => string(19) "Friends having fun."
    ["description_html"] => string(337) "<p>This guild has been together over many different servers. It was established by a group of friends and has been a long standing guild for this group. We always help each other and enjoy hunts together. We hope to gain new and interesting friends to this guild as we grow with this community.</p><p><br></p><p>Guildmaster Demonite.</p>"
    ["language_code"] => string(5) "en-US"
    ["tokens_select"] => string(7) "friends"
    ["tags"] => string(21) "soul, reaper, friends"
    ["category_id"] => string(1) "5"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(28) "/guilds/categories/pvm.5/add"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Delete

It seems to happen on group creation?

It is not an bug of this add-on. That entity actually does not have that column so third-party add-on should be check that.

Back